Author: Vincent Osuwo

We’re considering arresting Netanyahu at UNGA – New York mayor

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated on Saturday that Israel would continue its war with Iran “with all our force” and, alongside the US, had gained near-total control of the skies over Tehran after a week of strikes. “We have a systematic plan to eradicate the Iranian regime and achieve many other objectives,” Netanyahu said in a televised address. Israel and the US launched the war against Iran with strikes on Tehran last Saturday that killed Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. “Citizens, you are telling me, the government, and our heroic soldiers to continue until victory, and I thank you. I…

Read More
Peter Obi speaking on the outcome of the 2026 Osun governorship election

Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s 2023 presidential candidate, has officially registered as an African Democratic Congress member in the party’s ongoing membership registration and mobilization campaign, which started on Saturday, March 7, throughout Anambra State’s 21 local government areas. Obi promised to contest the recently approved 2026 Electoral Act in court, claiming that it was purposefully created to influence the results of the 2027 general elections. Obi finished his registration at his hometown of Agulu, in Anaocha LGA of Anambra State, on Saturday. The presidential candidate said that the Independent National Electoral Commission has now taken over the political party…

Read More
Obi: DSS arrests suspect claiming responsibility for Obi’s attack

Mr. Peter Obi, the former governor of Anambra State and the Labour Party’s 2023 presidential contender, has stated that no man or group has a monopoly on violence and that no one can prohibit him from visiting any region of the country. Obi was reacting to the Benin City incident and following social media threats urging him not to visit specific sections of the country while visiting Peter University in Achina, Anambra State. “I am a Nigerian, and I am free to go to any part of this country. It is a constitutional right that nobody can take away from…

Read More
Eze hat-trick sends Arsenal six points clear at top with win over Tottenham

Eberechi Eze scored the decisive goal as Arsenal were tested but defeated a feisty Mansfield Town to go to the FA Cup quarter-finals. The hosts, who are just five points above the relegation zone in League One, put pressure on the Premier League leaders before Noni Madueke put Arsenal ahead shortly before halftime. Madueke had previously forced Mansfield goalkeeper Liam Roberts to save before the England winger curled the ball into the top corner after Gabriel Martinelli set him up on the outside of the area. However, this was not the simple win that many predicted, and Kepa Arrizabalaga was…

Read More
Neymar tests positive for COVID-19, Santos say

Brazilian football player Neymar is being sued by a former personal chef who alleges she was subjected to harsh working conditions at his Rio de Janeiro mansion, resulting in long-term physical problems, according to football website GOAL. According to GOAL on Saturday, which reported Brazilian source Metropoles as having seen the court paperwork, the chef was expected to cook meals daily not only for the Santos and Brazil forwards, but also for an entourage of up to 150 friends and acquaintances. The size of the task allegedly forced her into 16-hour shifts, much above the hours specified in her initial…

Read More
Iran warns US, Israel of ‘hell’ as war escalation looms

The president of Iran, Masoud Pezeshkian, said on Saturday that his country would never surrender to Israel and the United States as the Middle East war entered its second week. Iran’s enemies “must take their wish for the unconditional surrender of the Iranian people to their graves,” Pezeshkian said in a speech broadcast on state TV. On February 28, Israel and the US attacked the country, killing Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of the Islamic republic, and starting a regional crisis. Since then, the Iranian government has retaliated by attacking US and Israeli interests in neighboring nations, primarily in…

Read More
'Nigeria owes you, Tinubu celebrates wife 'Oluremi Mi' at 65

Nigeria’s First Lady, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, stated Thursday evening that her relationship with anyone who doesn’t know God does not last long. The First Lady also stated that in nearly 40 years of marriage to a Muslim, President Bola Tinubu, she did not recall either of them raising their voices at each other. Mrs Tinubu made this statement while hosting an Interfaith Breaking of Fast (Iftar and Lent) at the Old Banquet Hall, Presidential Villa, in Abuja. The fast was broken by members of the country’s two largest religious groups, Christians and Muslims, as well as wives of state governors. She…

Read More
Iran behind terrorism in Nigeria - Israel

Israel has alleged that the Iranian government is sponsoring terrorism and banditry across Nigeria. Michael Freeman, the Israeli ambassador to Nigeria, made strong accusations against Tehran in an interview with Arise TV that was broadcast in Abuja. He said that the regime is actively funding terrorists in Nigeria and throughout Europe. Freeman warned that Iran’s “entire apparatus” is committed to spreading violence and destabilizing sovereign states in order to export its revolutionary radicalism, notably citing the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) as a proxy supported by the late Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei. The current military campaign against Iran, which just…

Read More
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Donald Trump during a White House meeting.

The US State Department approved the sale of $151.8 million in munitions to Israel on Friday, as the countries fight Iran in an intensifying Middle East conflict. The sale of 12,000 requested 1,000-pound (470 kg) bomb bodies has been approved by the State Department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, according to a press release. “The proposed sale will improve Israel’s capability to meet current and future threats, strengthen its homeland defense, and serve as a deterrent to regional threats,” the bureau said in a statement. The US Senate has also rejected a bipartisan resolution aimed at limiting President Donald Trump’s capacity…

Read More
Trump renews bid to restrict US birthright citizenship with new orders

US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth stated on Friday that the US is “not concerned” about accusations that Russia is sending intelligence to Iran about United States force placements and movements. While declining to corroborate the accusations, Hegseth stated in an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes,” “We’re tracking everything.” “Our commanders are aware of everything,” he said. “We have the best intelligence in the world. We’re aware of who’s talking to whom.” “We’re not concerned about that,” the defense secretary said. “We mitigate it as we need to.” Earlier Friday, the White House denied reports that Russia is giving Iran targeting…

Read More