- Victoria Oluwakotanmi crowned Miss Grand USA 2026
- Eid ul Mawlid: FG declares Tuesday public holiday
- Kompany reveals medication adjustment caused Musiala’s collapse
- Diddy could face Tupac murder charges if Keffe D is convicted
- Ronaldinho joins Ravenna FC, teases 300th career goal
- Kane ready for Bayern contract talks
- Diomande shows Mourinho love, says ‘I’ll die for him’
- Oyedele explains why World Bank loan critics are ‘wasting energy’
Author: Opalim Lifted
Kevin de Bruyne may miss the next four months of the season as Manchester City decide whether to operate on a hamstring issue, according to manager Pep Guardiola. The 32-year-old went off after 23 minutes of City’s first-ever victory against Burnley at Turf Moor on Friday. De Bruyne was also hurt in June’s Champions League final victory against Inter Milan. “It’s a serious injury,” Guardiola stated. The Belgium international missed all of City’s preseason games until coming in as a second-half replacement in Arsenal’s Community Shield defeat. De Bruyne strikes Man City draw at Real Madrid “We have to decide…
Kingsley Moghalu, a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria appointed by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua from 2009 to 2014, and his wife, Maryanne, were reportedly trapped in an elevator for almost 30 minutes owing to mechanical issues. 2023: Six parties set to collaborate against APC, PDP -Moghalu Maryanne, the wife of the Nigerian political economist, stated that the lift stopped in between floors in a post on X, previously Twitter. “This morning, Moghalu Kingsley and I were stuck in a lift for over 30 minutes!” Maryanne said in her post, which included footage of the event. The…
Nigeria’s south east region has traditionally gotten the short end of the stick. When compared to other geopolitical zones, the zone received the fewest ministers in recent ministerial nominations. As a result, the South East Senate caucus asked the President for two more cabinet berths in order to balance the country’s geographical representation in this government. Senator Tony Nwoye (Labour Party, Anambra North) recently filed a proposal that was co-sponsored by the remaining 14 Senators from the South East, noting that the two more slots would ensure equity, fairness, and justice in the representation of all geopolitical zones. The caucus…
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has stated they do not have the intention to hike fuel prices in their retail stations nationwide as they value patronage. Reacting to the speculation about a petrol price hike, the corporation said, “Dear esteemed customers, we at NNPC Retail value your patronage, and we do not have the intention to increase our PMS pump prices as widely speculated.” Adding, “Please buy the best quality products at the most affordable prices at our NNPC Retail Stations nationwide”.
The Ministry of Petroleum Resources has urged Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) and Nigerians in general to convert their vehicles to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) engines to mitigate the impact of fuel subsidy removal. The Ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Amb. Gabriel Aduda, said this on Monday in Abuja during the inauguration of its newly purchased two state-of-the-art 32-seater Coaster buses. The vehicles were purchased to make worker commutes and official functions more comfortable. The inauguration was held by the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Government, the Head of the Federation’s Civil Service, Dr. Folashade Yemi-Esan, and the ministry’s management, report said.…
Raphael Varane scored the winner 14 minutes from time as Manchester United (Man Utd) gained a fortunate win against Wolves in their opening game of the new Premier League season. Erik ten Hag’s side hardly created a chance of note until Bruno Fernandes found Aaron Wan-Bissaka with a superb pass inside the area. The right-back calmly lifted the bouncing ball to the edge of the six-yard box, where Varane used his height to get above Nelson Semedo and head home. It was extremely harsh on Wolves, who made light of last week’s change of manager to produce a superb performance…
The Lagos Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, facilitated the extradition of Samuel Ogoshi and his brother, Samson, to the United States of America to face prosecution for sexually extorting numerous young men and teenage boys in the Western District of Michigan and across the US on Sunday. Wilson Uwujaren, PRO of the EFCC, said this on Monday in a statement. The Commission had, sometime in May 2023, initiated extradition proceedings at the Federal High Court, Abuja Judicial Division, against the Ogoshis and one Ezekiel Ejemeh Robert over exploitation of minors and production of pornography, following…
The Lagos State Taskforce frowns at the spate and manner in which car dealers have converted Road setbacks, walkways, lay-bys, gardens, and other unapproved space to car lots that are not in the original master plan of the State Government. Gbadeyan Abduraheem, Lagos Taskforce Pro, said this on Monday in a statement. This position was made known by the Chairman of the Agency, CSP Shola Jejeloye, at the Headquarters of the Agency at Bolade Oshodi, where he described the actions of some Motor dealers and transport operators as inconsiderate for jeopardizing the safety, serenity, beautification exercise, and greener Lagos initiative…
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) apprehended at least 281,421 traffic offenders across the country between January and June. According to its spokesperson, Assistant Corps Marshal (ACM) Bisi Kazeem, those arrested committed 307,554 infractions. Driving with worn-out or expired tyres, risky driving, cell phone usage while driving, overspeeding, route violations, overloading, and refusing to wear a seatbelt were among the infractions he highlighted. “The Corps arrested 281,421 people for committing 307,554 crimes across the 36 states of the federation and the FCT,” he stated. ACM Kazeem also told newsmen that the usage of body cameras by FRSC operatives since 2021…
Paris Saint-Germain have agreed to sell Brazilian striker Neymar to Saudi Pro League club Al-Hilal for a sum believed to be about 90 million euros (£77.6 million) plus add-ons. The move is contingent on the 31-year-old passing a medical exam and submitting all appropriate documentation. Neymar, who joined PSG for a world record sum of 222 million euros in 2017, was absent from Saturday’s Ligue 1 opening. He has not been included in coach Luis Enrique’s plans for the upcoming season. It also fits with PSG’s objective of moving away from the ‘Galacticos’ period of recruiting high-profile players for large…











