- WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
- 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
- NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
- Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
- Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
- Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
- Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
- Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
Author: Chronicle Editor
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), through tax collections, generated the sum of N2.11 trillion as revenue from January to July, 2017. This is contained in a progress report of the FIRS from January to July, 2017 obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday, showing their revenue performance and impact of the new tax regime. The aggregate revenue projected in the 2017 budget is N4.94 trillion, out of which oil revenue will contribute N1.98 trillion. This is based on an estimated crude oil production of 2.2 mbpd converted at an exchange rate of N305 to a dollar.…
Nigeria moved to the brink of reaching next year’s World Cup finals with a 1-1 draw away to Cameroon on Monday which ended the qualifying hopes of the African champions. Nigeria top Group B with 10 points from four games, six ahead of second-placed Zambia, who visit Algeria on Wednesday. Moses Simon's goal to give Nigeria the 1-0 lead in Cameroon #WCQ2018 #CMRNGA #SuperEagles pic.twitter.com/36XHmknDRh— Mesfouf & Koshary (@MesfoufKoshary) September 4, 2017 With only the top team going to Russia, Cameroon have three points from four games and cannot overhaul Nigeria, who had Belgian-based forward Moses Simon to thank for…
The Lagos State Government on Monday flagged off the building of a 10-lane Oshodi-International Airport Road, with a pledge to complete the project within the next 15 months. The state Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure Development, Mr Adebowale Akinsanya, said at the ceremony that the project was in line with the state government’s commitment to transform the entire axis. Akinsanya said that the state government took it upon itself to undertake the reconstruction of the road, being one of the busiest roads in the state with vehicular volume average of 50,000 daily. According to him, the poor state of the road…
Kenya will hold a fresh presidential vote on October 17, the election commission said Monday, after the country’s Supreme Court overturned the result of last month’s poll won by President Uhuru Kenyatta. “A fresh presidential election will be held on the 17th of October 2017,” said a statement signed by Wafula Chebukati, chairperson of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC). “This is in conformity with the Supreme Court decision annulling the presidential election held on 8th August 2017.” Chebukati said only Kenyatta and opposition leader Raila Odinga, who brought the court challenge, would be on the ballot paper, along…
Diego Costa has been left out of Chelsea’s squad for the Champions League group stage as the dispute over his future rumbles on. Speculation that Costa — who remains in his home town of Lagarto in Brazil — could yet be brought back into the fold at Stamford Bridge was sparked by his inclusion in Chelsea’s submitted Premier League squad list earlier this week. Chelsea subsequently failed to agree a deal to sell Costa to Atletico Madrid before Friday’s transfer deadline in Spain, but the fact that his name has been omitted from the Champions League list underlines the fact…
The 18-year-old lady, Miss Aisha Jimoh, confirmed to have contracted the dreaded Lassa fever is dead. The brother to the deceased, Mr Asipita Jimoh, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lokoja that Aisha, 18, died in the early hours of Monday at the Irua General Hospital in Edo, where she was rushed to. Asipita said that his family was contacted on the development, shortly after Aisha, a student of the Muslim Community Secondary School, Lokoja, gave up the ghost. Asipita, who spoke to NAN at his family house at Gadumo Layout in Lokoja, said that Aisha’s sickness started…
Prince William and his wife Kate are expecting their third child, Kensington Palace announced on Monday, adding that she would not be attending a planned engagement due to a severe form of morning sickness. The news comes on the week that the royal couple’s eldest child, four-year-old Prince George, begins school in London. They also have a daughter, two-year-old Princess Charlotte. Read Also Americans fight Trump with #DefendDACA “Their royal highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their third child,” the palace said in a statement. William is…
The Spanish football league wants UEFA to investigate whether Manchester City have broken financial fair play rules. European football’s governing body is already investigating if Paris St-Germain have broken rules designed to stop clubs from ‘financial doping’. La Liga president Javier Tebas said City and PSG’s “funding by state-aid distorts European competitions”. However, BBC Sport understands UEFA has no intention of opening an investigation into City at this stage. READ: I had doubts over Arsenal future – Arsene Wenger City and PSG spent hundreds of millions of pounds on new players this summer. Tebas said their spending “creates an inflationary…
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), on Monday inaugurated medical assistance programme to meet the medical needs of the recent flood victims in Makurdi, Benue state. The Director of Public Relations and Information, NAF Headquarters, Air Commodore Olatokunbo Adesanya, disclosed this in a statement in Abuja. According to Adesanya, the programme was inaugurated by Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Tactical Air Command (TAC) of NAF, AVM MA Idris. He said the programme was part of the Command’s corporate social responsibility and was borne out of the desire to contribute to the medical needs of the flood victims. Adesanya said that Gov. Samuel…
Wenger says Arsenal can win the league this season Will not swap all his trophies for a Champions League trophy Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he “hesitated” over signing a new contract last season because he doubted his Arsenal future and whether he was “capable of leading the club”. Wenger agreed a two-year deal in May, a month before his contract expired. On French TV programme Telefoot, he said there were “personal reasons” behind the decision to delay extending his 21-year reign at the Gunners. But he added: “I’ve been there for so long that you always wonder, can you…










