- WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
- 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
- NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
- Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
- Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
- Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
- Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
- Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
Author: Chronicle Editor
Winner of the Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) competition in 2006, Hector Oluwaseun Jobarteh, has reportedly been shot dead. Nigerians have been hit with the death of yet another celebrity, Hector Oluwaseun Jobarteh. The GUS season 3 winner and father of one, was reportedly trailed to his house in Lagos, and shot dead by two unknown gunmen. According to reports, he had just gotten back from picking up his younger brother from the Lagos international airport when the sad incident occurred. Read Also Rapper Lil Wayne hospitalized after multiple seizures Some Facebook user, Baskelly Legendhustler, shared the news on their page.…
The Grammy-award winning rapper is said to have suffered a seizure at the hotel, then a second seizure at the hospital. As TMZ reports, the 34-year-old rapper was found unconscious in his hotel room in Chicago on Sunday afternoon, before being taken to a local hospital where he is currently receiving treatment. His concert in Las Vegas last night was subsequently cancelled. Wayne, real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, suffers from epilepsy and has been hospitalised a number of times in recent years as a result of seizures. Speaking about his condition in 2013, he said: “The bad news is…
American ‘dreamers’ can cling unto some respite as thousands took to the streets and many more took to social media to defend DACA. Chronicle.ng had earlier reported that United States President Donald Trump has decided to scrap Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), a programme that protects young undocumented immigrants. But Americans are not giving in without a fight. Many have taken to social media to defend DACA. Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is among the notable names that have called on Americans to fight to save DACA. On Twitter she wrote, “No time to waste – we’ve got…
United States President Donald Trump has decided to scrap a programme that protects young undocumented immigrants, according to reports. He will give Congress six months to draw up legislation to replace the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), sources quoted by US media say. The decision, first reported in Politico, is considered a compromise amid strong support for the scheme. However, the sources cautioned that Mr Trump could still change his mind. READ: Flooding: Reps to pass climate change commission bill- Dogara He is due to formally announce his decision on Tuesday. The Obama-era DACA programme protects hundreds of thousands…
President of the Senate Dr. Bukola Saraki along with Presidents and heads of parliaments of other nations met with King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia at an annual reception in Jeddah. Saudi’s leading English daily newspaper “Arab News” reported that the annual reception held at Mina Palace for heads of state, Islamic dignitaries, guests of the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques, guests of government bodies and heads of delegations and pilgrim affairs offices who performed Hajj rituals in 2017. At the outset of the reception, King Salman shook hands with Sudan’s President Omar Al-Bashir, Gambia’s President…
Belgium became the first European team to qualify for next year’s World Cup when a Romelu Lukaku header gave them a 2-1 win in Greece on Sunday. Belgium became the sixth team to make sure of their place at the 2018 tournament alongside Brazil, Japan, Iran and Mexico, plus Russia who qualified automatically as hosts. The win left Belgium with 22 points from eight games at the top of Group H, eight clear of Bosnia who won 4-0 away to Gibraltar. They have two games each to play. The winners of the nine European groups qualify directly and the best…
France were sensationally held to a 0-0 draw by Luxembourg – a team ranked 136th in the world – in a World Cup Qualifier in Toulouse on Sunday. Didier Deschamps’s side, who thrashed the Netherlands 4-0 on Thursday, were expected to win convincingly in Toulouse but they were unable to break down a country positioned 126 places below them in the FIFA world rankings. Midfielder Paul Pogba headed against the crossbar in the second half while Luxembourg goalkeeper Jonathan Joubert produced some fine saves to earn his side a memorable draw. The result could have been even worse for Les…
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, says the news being circulated via a parody Twitter account and an old NTA news video that President Muhammadu Buhari is travelling or has travelled to the U.S. is fake. In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday, the minister urged Nigerians to disregard the news. The statement was signed by the Special Adviser to the minister, Mr Segun Adeyemi. The minister said one of the numerous parody Twitter accounts in his name — “@MohammedLai”, was used to disseminate the fake and ludicrous news that claimed that President Buhari was due…
President Muhammadu Buhari will leave Abuja on Monday, September 4, 2017 for a trip to Washington, DC. Mr. Buhari’s trip to the US is at the invitation of President Donald Trump, with a Nigerian Presidency source telling our correspondent that Mr. Trump extended the invitation last February, shortly after his inauguration. According to an itinerary seen by SaharaReporters, Mr. Buhari is scheduled to leave his hometown, Daura, by helicopter at 9:15 am on Monday for Katsina airport. From the airport, he will fly out at 10 am aboard a presidential jet to Washington, DC. Read Also Children banned from attending…
The Nigeria Air Force is sending some service men for training in Jordan to acquire further skills to strengthen the country’s defence operations. The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar, said that training and improvement of welfare were being accorded priority in the service. He said arrangement had been concluded for the training of more air force personnel within and outside. “We are committed to providing logistics, uniforms and ammunition to counter terrorism while construction of housing is in progress to provide decent accommodation for officers and men serving in the counter-insurgency campaign,” he said. Abubakar unveiled the…










