Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    • Gowon accuses Ojukwu of frustrating peace talks, causing civil war
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Mohbad: Court orders three fresh DNA tests to resolve son paternity row

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedFebruary 5, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Mohbad: Court orders three fresh DNA tests to resolve son paternity row
    Mohbad, a former signee of Marlian Records died 12th September, 2023 at age 27
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Ikorodu High Court has ordered three independent DNA tests to finally determine the paternity of Liam, the son of late singer Mohbad, in a move aimed at ending months of family dispute and public controversy.

    The fresh directive follows complications that stalled earlier DNA testing plans, prolonging a case that has divided the Aloba family and played out loudly on social media.

    At the latest court sitting, Mohbad’s father, Mr Joseph Aloba, appeared alongside his lawyer, Barrister Oladayo Ogungbe, who explained why the initial DNA arrangement failed. According to him, although the court had earlier approved an independent DNA test, the welfare officer overseeing the process proposed a facility linked to Nigeria that could not carry out tissue-based DNA testing, which is required in this case.

    “Even from their own communication, it was clear the facility could not do a tissue-based test,” Ogungbe told reporters. “All of this was properly reported to the court.”

    To safeguard the credibility of the process, the court ruled that three foreign laboratories would now conduct the DNA tests. Each party will nominate one facility, while the court will select the third. All tests must be tissue-based.

    • ‘Don’t be like baba Mohbad’, Portable accuses father of extortion, theft

    The judge ruled that the results must align, making manipulation or foul play nearly impossible. “If one result contradicts another, it will be immediately obvious,” Ogungbe said. “The three results must show the same outcome. That is exactly what we have insisted on from the start.”

    Ogungbe also confirmed that Mr Aloba will not bear the cost of the tests and that both parties will be present during sample collection to ensure transparency.

    Mohbad’s father expressed satisfaction with the ruling. “I am pleased that we will have three places. It is okay by me,” he said briefly.

    Mohbad, born Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, died on 12 September 2023 under circumstances that sparked nationwide outrage. His body was exhumed on 21 September 2023 as part of ongoing investigations into his death.

    Since then, the case has been clouded by disputes over DNA testing, inheritance, and justice for the late singer.

    Mohbad’s widow, Wunmi, has consistently maintained that Liam is Mohbad’s biological son, describing repeated DNA demands as unnecessary delays. She has said her priority remains justice for her husband and the wellbeing of their child.

    Mr Aloba, however, has insisted that a DNA test is crucial to clear doubts and resolve family disagreements, noting that the unresolved paternity issue has delayed Mohbad’s burial.

    With the court now mandating three independent DNA tests, the long-running controversy may finally reach a definitive conclusion.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Big Wiz: Five Wizkid songs that sound like Fela’s

    Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams

    Drake loses $450,000 bet as Du Plessis defeats Adesanya

    Drake releases three albums at once with Kendrick Lamar diss track

    Shakira, Burna Boy release official 2026 World Cup song ‘Dai Dai’

    Shakira, Burna Boy release official 2026 World Cup song ‘Dai Dai’

    Alexx Ekubo smiling during a public appearance before his death from stage 4 kidney cancer.

    Family reveals Alexx Ekubo died from advanced kidney cancer

    Alexx Ekubo smiling during a public appearance before his death from stage 4 kidney cancer.

    Alex Ekubo: Funke Akindele, Ninilowo mourn Nollywood star

    Alexx Ekubo smiling during a public appearance before his death from stage 4 kidney cancer.

    Alex Ekubo: Things to know about late Nollywood actor

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.