Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    May 22, 2026
    APC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    May 22, 2026
    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’
    • ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai
    • APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi
    • Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest
    • Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season
    • Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man, 72, starves wife of sex, divorces

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 10, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Pastor Rotimi and Dolapo Michael has divorced their 11-year birthday marriage
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A 72-year-old retiree, Mr Funsho Amos, has lost his marriage for starving his wife of sex for three years.

    An Igando Customary Court, in Lagos, on Tuesday granted the request of Mrs Ayo Amos, seeking dissolution of her union to Funsho on the grounds of sex starvation and irreconcilable differences.

    The court president, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, while delivering the judgment, said it appeared that the estranged couple was tired of the marriage and all efforts to reconcile both parties had failed.

    “Since both parties consented to the dissolution of their marriage, this court has no choice than to dissolve the marriage.

    “The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mrs Ayo Amos and Mr Funsho Amos dissolved today; both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife.

    “Each of you should go on his or her separate ways unmolested, the court wishes both of you well in your future endeavours,” Koledoye ruled.

    NAN reports, that the 40-year-old businesswoman, Ayo, had earlier approached the court to end her nine years old marriage over sex denial.

    “My husband denied me sex for good three years without any reason and he knew that I needed a child,” Ayo said.

    • Senate to address food security problems in Nigeria

    The petitioner told the court that the respondent humiliated her because she was yet to have a child for him.

    “My husband told me to pack out of his house saying that I am a barren woman and cannot bear children.

    “He told me to get another man, that he is no longer interested in me.

    “Funsho refused to pay our house and shop rents when both expired, and ordered the landlord to eject me from the house; which the landlord complied with.

    “I begged him, even when my family members called him to know if I have offended him in any way, he told them that he was no more interested in me,” Ayo said.

    The petitioner said that in August 2018, she begged her husband to divorce her after sending her out of their matrimonial house, but he refused.

    “I pleaded with him to divorce me so that I can move on with my life because age is no longer on my side, but he refused.

    “He said that no man can marry me again because any woman he had slept with can never get married again, so there is no need for him to divorce me,” she said.

    Ayo urged the court to terminate their marriage which had not produced any child so that she can moved on with her life.

    “I have wasted nine-years with him without achieving anything, please divorce the union,” she pleaded.

    The respondent, however, conceded to the petitioner’s request for the dissolution of their marriage, saying that he was no longer interested in the union.

    “I do not love her anymore, please court, grant her request for the dissolution of our marriage.

    “I have six children, some are abroad. I do not even need a child from her,” Funsho said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    APC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Baba Malam Wali wins APC governorship ticket in Yobe

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    May 22, 2026
    APC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai

    May 22, 2026
    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    May 22, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo suspends excursions, field trips, as slain teacher laid to rest

    May 22, 2026
    Azpilicueta to retire at end of season

    Chelsea legend Azpilicueta to retire from football at end of season

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.