Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    February 22, 2026
    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law
    • Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr
    • APC wins Kuje chairmanship election
    • Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections
    • Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings
    • BREAKING: PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC
    • 117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme in Borno
    • APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    JAMB registers record 1.7 million students

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 8, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Fake degrees: Kenya, Uganda to verify Nigerian students' records amid certificate fraud concerns
    Children in digital environment
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, said on Sunday that a record 1.7 million people registered for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME.

    According to a statement by its spokesperson, JAMB urged Nigerians to have fate in its processes.

    “We registered a number that has never been done in the entire 39 years of the existence of JAMB within a time frame Nigerians were skeptical about,” the agency said.

    Read the full JAMB statement below

    The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has concluded the sale of 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, application document in grand style recording over 1.7 million candidates at the close of the site by 12 midnight on Friday May 5 2017.

    The Board urges Nigerians to have trust in its processes as they are meant to enhance productivity, eliminate examination malpractice and promote transparency to an unprecedented level.

    We registered a number that has never been done in the entire 39 years of the existence of JAMB within a time frame Nigerians were skeptical about. The highest we have ever had was 1.5 million, this is record breaking. We will look at the system so far and make adjustments where necessary to ensure a full proof process of registration and examination. We are always sure of our systems and will continue to expand our frontiers of thinking to transform the Board to an agency that Nigerians will be proud of.

    JAMB wishes to state clearly that it will continue to be very open in all its activities and ensure inclusiveness even in the areas of its finances. The disclosure of the actual number of candidates registered is a clear invitation for the public to know what the Board has realised from the sale for this year and we are not perturbed because we have nothing to hide in our dealings. We are determined to make Nigerians proud of us.

    Examination is all about transparency and an agency that conducts such a competitive examination must be above board in all its life cycle. As we conduct the 2017 examination beginning from Saturday May 13, we call on all Nigerians to give us the needed support. We will do our very best and where they notice challenges, we will work without hesitation to ensure that it is corrected immediately for candidates to have a smooth examination.

    Nigerians should note that there could be one or two challenges in some centres; but the most important thing is our ability to urgently address such when they rear their face. We use this opportunity to call for patriotism. Let us learn to always support our agencies, they are not as bad as we are always quick to want them to be.

    Nations are grown through innovation and there is no innovation if there is no trial. Please don’t be quick to condemn, rather look at the end result and see how all of us can contribute to the Nigerian education of our dream. We have resolved to bell the cat in order for other public examination agencies to thrive.

    We will also not be distracted by some highly placed Nigerians who, for selfish personal interest of what they were making but which they are no longer making through corrupt practices and others for sheer envy and personal grudges against actors in JAMB, resolved to do everything to paint all our processes even at infancy level in bad light. Thank God, the number of registration and short period as against the six months in the past has vindicated us.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings

    PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC

    BREAKING: PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC

    117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme in Borno

    117 repentant terrorists complete rehabilitation programme in Borno

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    February 22, 2026
    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    February 22, 2026
    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections

    February 22, 2026
    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.