- Cameroon thrash Malawi 3-0 to win 2026 WAFCON
- 5.0m Granada earthquake shakes Spain, damages buildings
- Police nab Kogi man for setting wife ablaze
- Odegaard believes Arsenal will win more titles
- Ronaldo plans retirement, aims to set amazing legacy
- Arsenal thrash Man City 3-0 to win Community Shield
- ICPC uncovers 900 ghost workers, govt official collecting salaries for 14 relatives
- Obi: Osun election shows democracy strongest when citizens are vigilant
Author: Vincent Osuwo
Manchester City have confirmed that manager Pep Guardiola will leave the club after Sunday’s final match of the season. Guardiola has led City to 17 major trophies in ten seasons, including six Premier League titles and a Champions League triumph. The 55-year-old will play his final game against Aston Villa at the Etihad Stadium. In recognition of Guardiola’s impact, City’s newly constructed north stand will be named after him and will be fully operational for the first time for his final game in command of the club. On Monday, BBC Sport reported that City were preparing for Guardiola’s exit a…
An irate crowd set fire to a section of a hospital near the core of the Ebola outbreak in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo when family and friends of a young man assumed to have died from the virus were barred from taking his body away for burial. They began firing objects toward the hospital. They also set fire to tents used as isolation wards,” local politician Luc Malembe Malembe told the BBC about what he saw at Rwampara General Hospital. During the tumult, police fired warning bullets to disperse the gathering. The body of a dead Ebola victim…
President Donald Trump has announced that the US will send an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, a week after the Pentagon canceled a planned deployment of 4,000 troops to the country. NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte hailed the move ahead of a conference of foreign ministers in Sweden, saying the trend toward Europe becoming less reliant on the US “will continue.” Trump said on his Truth Social platform on Thursday that the decision was based on the US’s connection with Polish President Karol Nawrocki, whom he supported in the presidential election last year. He did not elaborate on whether the…
Benue state Governor Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia has emerged as the winner of the All Progressives Congress governorship primaries ahead the 2027 general elections. The Chairman of Benue State Governorship Primary Election Committee, Professor Mohammed Kabiru Isa on Friday announced Alia as the winner of the kinly contested primary election. According to the announced results, Alia won by a huge margin over the other two contenders, Terwase Orbunde and Jeffrey Kuranun. Isa declared that the incumbent governor won with 367,786 votes, defeating the other candidates, Jeffery Kuranun and Terwase Orbunde, who received 2,923 and 3,247 votes, respectively. Alia, who was…
The Defense Headquarters (DHQ) has stated that the recent kidnapping of students and teachers in Oyo State was carried out by terrorists displaced from other parts of the country following intensified military operations. The military high command declared this on Thursday in response to what it described as “mischievous and misleading publications” about comments attributed to the defense headquarters regarding the classification of terrorists and criminal groups operating in the South-West. According to a statement issued by Maj. Gen. Michael Onoja, Director of Defence Media Operations, the perpetrators behind the Oyo kidnapping were members of the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati…
Abayomi Fagbenro, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde’s special adviser on security, has dismissed as false viral social media posts alleging that victims abducted during last Friday’s attack on three schools in Oyo State’s Oriire Local Government Area have been released. The attack on three schools in the Ahoro-Esinle/Yawota axis of Ogbomoso in the Oriire Local Government Area resulted in the deaths of two people and the kidnapping of approximately 30 teachers and children. Since Wednesday night, reports claiming the release of the abducted teachers and pupils have spread widely. While some tweets confirmed that the victims had been released, others…
The Oyo State Police Command has announced that students, pupils, and teachers abducted last Friday during terrorists’ attack on three schools in the Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State have not been rescued. DSP Ayanlade Olayinka, the Command’s spokeswoman, revealed this in a statement released to journalists in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, on Friday. The command advised the public to remain calm, support the joint security team’s ongoing efforts, and verify all information before spreading it. The statement read: “The Oyo State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that the abducted students, pupils, and teachers…
Phil Foden and Cole Palmer are set to miss out on Thomas Tuchel’s 26-man England World Cup squad, which will be announced on Friday. Manchester United defender Harry Maguire will also be left out, with the 33-year-old claiming he is “shocked and gutted” at the decision. Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins is poised to be included—after helping his side win the Europa League on Wednesday—with Al-Ahli striker Ivan Toney, who has scored 32 goals in 32 appearances in the Saudi Arabian league this season. Nottingham Forest midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White is expected to miss out, despite being the top-scoring English player…
Cristiano Ronaldo secured his first major trophy with Al Nassr by scoring twice in a decisive 4-1 win against Damac on the final day of the season. His goals helped the Riyadh club clinch the Saudi Pro League title, their first since 2019, ending a seven-year wait for domestic success. Ronaldo’s brace concluded a thrilling title race that had reached its climax after Al Nassr suffered a devastating stoppage-time draw against Al Hilal a week prior. Sadio Mané and Kingsley Coman had earlier given Al Nassr a comfortable lead, but Morlaye Sylla momentarily cut the gap for Damac. Ronaldo then…
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced Hon. Kingsley Chinda as its governorship candidate for Rivers State ahead of the 2027 general elections. Bitrus Kwamoti, chairman of the party’s governorship primary election committee and returning officer, declared the results Thursday in Port Harcourt. Kwamoti made the declaration at the APC Secretariat in Port Harcourt following the receipt of primary results from collation officers in the state’s 23 local government areas. He stated, “I, Kwamoti Bitrus, chairman of the Governorship Primary Election Committee, here have been certified that I am the Returning Officer for the Rivers State Governorship Primary Election held…












