- Kane ready for Bayern contract talks
- Diomande shows Mourinho love, says ‘I’ll die for him’
- Oyedele explains why World Bank loan critics are ‘wasting energy’
- Oyedele rejects calls to publish details of $5bn Abu Dhabi Bank loan
- ICPC, EFCC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
- Plane crash kills eight at US Air Force site
- Oborevwori raises salaries of permanent secretaries to N900,000
- IGP to politicians: Don’t arm or incite youths for 2027 elections
Author: Opalim Lifted
Acting Chairman of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), Abba Ali, has refuted the trending news that the presidential candidate in the 2023 general elections, Rabiu Kwankwso, is suspended from the party. The NNPP has been rocked by crisis recently as its National Working Committee (NWC) dissolved seven state executive committees as well as the founder and Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Boniface Aniebonam, and the National Publicity Secretary, Agbo Major. The national leader of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), Rabiu Kwankwaso, was conspicuously absent as his party held its National Executive Committee meeting in Abuja Tuesday afternoon…
Manchester City’s Erling Haaland has been crowned PFA Men’s Player of the Year, while Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka has been named Young Player of the Year. In his debut season with Pep Guardiola’s squad, Norway attacker Haaland, 23, scored 52 goals in all competitions. Erling defeated teammates Kevin de Bruyne and John Stones, as well as Arsenal’s Saka and Martin Odegaard and Tottenham’s Harry Kane, who is currently at Bayern Munich. Last season, City won the Premier League, FA Cup, and Champions League. Haaland joined City from Borussia Dortmund in a £51.2 million transfer in June 2022. Messi, Haaland, De Bruyne…
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of a new board and management team for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) with immediate effect to fulfill the administration’s agenda for Nigerians. Chronicle NG reports that the NDDC’s board and management had a fair representation of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones. Ajuri Ngelale, media adviser to President Tinubu, said this on Monday in a statement. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of a new board and management team of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), inclusive of the following board and management team members: Mr. Chiedu Ebie – Chairman -…
The Football Association has accused Virgil van Dijk of acting in an “improper manner” after being sent off in Liverpool’s win against Newcastle. The Liverpool captain was issued a straight red card in the 28th minute for fouling Newcastle’s Alexander Isak at St James’ Park on Sunday. While the incident was being examined by VAR, the defender looked to protest with referee John Brooks. The FA disclosed that Van Dijk allegedly used “abusive and/or insulting words.” “Virgil van Dijk has been charged with a breach of FA rule E3.1 following Liverpool’s Premier League game against Newcastle United on Sunday, August…
The Osun State government will commence the distribution of the subsidized rice palliative obtained from the Federal Government through its palliative committee. In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Oluomo Kolapo Alimi, the way of sharing has been finalized by the committee, and the distribution will begin on Tuesday. Recipients will begin receiving rice palliatives in accordance with the timetable established to ensure that everyone is served, the statement reads. The total quantity of subsidized rice palliatives that will be distributed tomorrow is 5,700: 3,500 50-kg bags of rice from the first batch and 2,700…
Russian President Vladimir Putin has no plans to attend the burial of Wagner mercenary head Yevgeny Prigozhin, who was murdered when his jet crashed last week. The incident occurred exactly two months after Prigozhin and his mercenaries launched a mutiny against Putin’s senior military leaders, seizing control of the southern city of Rostov and advancing towards Moscow before pulling back 200 kilometres (125 miles). “The presence of the president is not envisaged,” said Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov when asked if Putin would attend. Peskov stated that the Kremlin had no precise knowledge regarding the funeral and that the arrangements were…
Russian President Vladimir Putin has informed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi that he will not attend the G20 Summit next month in Delhi. This year’s summit will be held in the Indian city of Delhi from September 9 to 10. Mr. Putin called Mr. Modi and informed him that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov would represent him at the conference. India disclosed that the two leaders also addressed “regional and global issues of mutual concern. Mr. Putin, according to a Russian government official, would not attend the summit due to a “busy schedule.” The G20 consists of the world’s 19 wealthiest…
Toyota Motor Corporation announced on Tuesday that it has halted operations at all 14 of its assembly facilities in Japan owing to a production system problem, effectively halting domestic manufacturing at the world’s largest carmaker. The malfunction is preventing the ordering of components, and the cause is being investigated, but it is “likely not the result of a cyberattack,” spokesperson disclosed. Toyota stopped 12 factories in its home market beginning Tuesday morning and added the remaining two in the afternoon, according to a spokesperson. The amount of output lost is unknown. The plants account for around one-third of the automaker’s…
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says he will get all contractors back on site under his direct supervision and the office of the Minister of State. Wike, who stated this at the opening of a meeting with contractors handling different projects in the FCT, added that Abuja would soon become a construction site, as promised. “After our inauguration, we outlined our short-, medium-, and long-term plans to reposition the capital city, after which we went out to inspect projects that were awarded before us but abandoned for one reason or another. The time has come…
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) demolished on Monday a multimillion-naira duplex built on plot 226, in Wuse Zone 6, an unapproved land. Mr. Mukhtar Galadima, Director, Department of Development Control, said that the building was illegally developed against all warnings. Gidado said that his team had carried out an extensive investigation to ascertain the original owner of the plot, given the varying claims that were being put forth by the parties. He added that the investigation revealed that the developer was not the owner of the plot, adding, “That is why we had to remove the building.” Gidado disclosed…












