- WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
- 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
- NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
- Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
- Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
- Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
- Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
- Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
Author: Chronicle Editor
The transfer window closes in Spain at midnight on Friday, so Diego Costa and Philippe Coutinho could still move clubs. In the UK, the deadline was 11pm on Thursday – but La Liga clubs have longer to get business done, and two huge deals from Premier League clubs could still happen. Barcelona want to sign Coutinho from Liverpool and have a huge offer prepped and waiting, should the Reds engage in renewed talks. And Atletico Madrid remain in discussions to sign Chelsea’s striker-in-exile Costa, despite the Blues missing out on Fernando Llorente to Tottenham. Read Also Gov Emmanuel promises Eagles…
U.S. judge said Yahoo must face nationwide litigation brought on behalf of well over one billion users who said their personal information was compromised in three massive data breaches, Media reports on Thursday. Wednesday night’s decision from U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh in San Jose, California, was a setback for efforts by Verizon billion Communications Inc, which paid 4.76 dollars for Yahoo’s Internet business in June, to limit potential liability. The breaches occurred between 2013 and 2016, but Yahoo was slow to disclose them, waiting more than three years to reveal the first. Revelations about the scope of the cyber…
Nigeria president, Muhammadu Buhari has ordered emergency agencies to response swiftly to the ongoing flooding in Makurdi, Benue State. The flooding which has ravaged the state particularly its capital Makurdi has displaced over 100,000 persons across 12 local government areas. A statement by Shehu Garba, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity stated that Buhari received the reports of the flooding with great concern. “President Muhammadu Buhari has received with great concern reports of the flooding in Benue State, which, according to early estimates, has affected thousands of homes and displaced more than 100,000 persons in 12…
• Buhari urges stronger ties among Nigerians • Saraki predicts economic rebound, Dogara seeks unity • Don’t let extremists destroy Islam, Atiku warns Muslims Movement of people and vehicles in the insurgency-ravaged Borno and Yobe states of the north-east has been restricted to protect lives and property during the Eid-el-Kabir celebration. The Spokesman of the Borno Police Command, Victor Isuku, who announced the restriction yesterday explained, the action was taken to protect lives and property in the Maiduguri metropolis and the liberated communities. “The restrictions, though regrettable, will include vehicles, tricycle, bicycles and animals, except those on essential duties. Muslim…
The Akwa Ibom State governor, Udom Emmanuel, has promised to pay the Super Eagles $10,000 for every goal the team score against Cameroon in their 2018 World Cup qualifier in Uyo on Friday. The governor also redeemed his pledge of $30,000 to the Eagles for their 3-1 win against Algeria in a 2018 World Cup Group B qualifier last year. Emmanuel called on Nigerians to support the Eagles with prayers as well go to the Uyo stadium to cheer the team to victory against the Indomitable Lions. Read #EidMubarak: Nigeria will achieve prosperity – Buhari “You (Eagles) should be able…
Everton’s claim that Ross Barkley turned down a move to Chelsea after having a medical and agreeing a contract has been disputed by a source close to the England midfielder. Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri said Everton had accepted a bid and Barkley had agreed personal terms before changing his mind after passing a medical. But the source said the 23-year-old did not travel to Chelsea. And they said he had not had a medical. “It was simply that he would rather make a decision about his next move when he is fully fit, rather than arrive at a new club…
President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that his administration will not rest on its oars until security, economic well-being and prosperity in Nigeria. The President gave the reassurance in his Sallah message to Nigerians. “I assure you that this administration, which has made the security, economic well-being and prosperity of all Nigerians its priority, will not rest on its oars until we see the Nigeria of our dream.’’ The President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said in a statement in Abuja on Thursday that Buhari, appealed to Nigerians to rise against the odds and to keep all…
There are claims that First Bank Plc one of the leading banks in Nigerian financial sector is embroiled in miss-management and internal crisis that could disintegrate the bank if proper actions are not taken urgently. According to findings, the confusion rocking the bank is connected to billionaire philanthropist and Chairman of Honeywell Group, Ayoola Oba Otudeko, who is reportedly indebted to First bank to the tune of N75billion and tries to write it off by allegedly projecting his son, Obafemi, as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the bank. According to online reports the businessman is allegedly scheming to win…
Portugal international Renato Sanches has signed for Swansea City on a season’s loan from Bayern Munich and the club have had an offer for Wilfried Bony accepted by Manchester City. Swans boss Paul Clement worked with Sanches, 20, during his time as Bayern’s assistant manager. Bony is set for a medical on Thursday after leaving south Wales for the Etihad for £25m in January 2015. The fee for his return is thought to be in the region of £12m. READ: Kop That! Oxlade-Chamberlain pictured in Liverpool shirt Sanches joined Bayern from Benfica for 35m euros in May 2016. He made…
Chemicals have been released into the atmosphere from a flood-damaged plant near the storm-hit US city of Houston, local officials say. Earlier, black smoke was seen issuing from the Arkema chemical plant at Crosby. A police officer who was helping secure the site was taken to hospital after inhaling fumes, while nine others admitted themselves as a precaution. Arkema said this was believed to have been caused by a “non-toxic irritant”. Harris County sheriff Ed Gonzales said the release was not believed to have been a result of an explosion, despite earlier reports of blasts. Residents living within a 1.5-mile…










