Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    • Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Anthony Joshua, Fury clash set for August 14 in Saudi Arabia

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 16, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have signed a two-fight deal
    Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Tyson Fury says his world heavyweight title showdown with Anthony Joshua will take place in Saudi Arabia on 14 August.

    “massive announcement” FURY VS JOSHUA IS ON AUGUST 14 in The kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The worlds biggest sporting event all eyes on us. @SCEEKSA @gsaksa_en @trboxing @mtkglobal @frankwarren_tv @marbella @wowhydrate #LETTHEGAMESBEGIN #saudiarabia #TYSONOFARABIA pic.twitter.com/ZKIAXLictV

    — TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) May 16, 2021

    https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

    “massive announcement” FURY VS JOSHUA IS ON AUGUST 14 in The kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The worlds biggest sporting event all eyes on us. @SCEEKSA @gsaksa_en @trboxing @mtkglobal @frankwarren_tv @marbella @wowhydrate #LETTHEGAMESBEGIN #saudiarabia #TYSONOFARABIA pic.twitter.com/ZKIAXLictV

    — TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) May 16, 2021

    The all-British bout has been billed as one of the biggest in heavyweight boxing for decades and the winner will become undisputed champion.

    Joshua, 31, holds the WBA, WBO and IBF belts, while Fury, 32, is WBC champion.

    The fight will see all four belts contested in a heavyweight bout for the first time in history.

    The last undisputed heavyweight champion was Britain’s Lennox Lewis from 1999 to 2000, before a boxer had to also hold the WBO belt to be recognised as undisputed champion.

    In announcing the fight date in a video on Twitter, Fury said: “All eyes of the world will be on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and I cannot wait to smash Anthony Joshua on the biggest stage of all time.

    • Anthony Joshua hints on moves to quit boxing

    “This is going to be the biggest sporting event ever to grace the planet earth. Do not miss it.”

    Although news of the fight is one of boxing’s worst-kept secrets, neither Joshua, his promoter Eddie Hearn or Fury’s co-promoters Bob Arum and Frank Warren have officially confirmed it will take place.

    Last week, Hearn said that the fight would take place in Saudi Arabia but Fury did not mention a venue.

    When Joshua won back the WBA, WBO and IBF belts by beating Andy Ruiz in December 2019, the fight took place Diriyah, on the outskirts of the Saudi capital Riyadh.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.