Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    AFCON: Morocco coach Walid Regragui banned for two matches

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 24, 2024No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Walid Regragui led Morocco to the semi-final of the World Cup in 2022
    Walid Regragui led Morocco to the semi-final of the World Cup in 2022
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Morocco coach Walid Regragui has been suspended for two matches just hours before his side’s final group match at the Africa Cup of Nations, the Confederation of African Football officials said.

    Regragui, who led his country to the World Cup semi-finals in 2022, had been involved in an on-field spat with Democratic Republic of Congo captain Chancel Mbemba at the end of their Group F match in San Pedro on Sunday.

    The incident led to scuffles between opposing players as well as staff on the pitch and alleged fighting in the tunnel at the stadium, but out of public view.

    Mbemba was then subjected to online racial abuse from Moroccan fans many of whom targeted him on Instagram.

    Morocco said they were appealing the decision, which came ahead of Morocco’s AFCON showdown against Zambia in San Pedro on Wednesday, which will brings the group phase of the tournament to a close.

    Regragui had gone to shake Mbemba’s hand at the end of the match but held onto it as he tried to remonstrate with the defender, who repeatedly tried to pull away before breaking loose.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    President Bola Tinubu and Rwandan President Paul Kagame during bilateral talks at the Africa CEO Forum in Kigali.

    Nigeria to adopt Rwanda-style 30-day visa-free policy for Africans

    EFCC declares Timipre Sylva wanted

    Timipre Sylva: Court orders takeover of ex-gov’s properties

    Atiku warns of protest, says Nigerians are hungry

    Atiku warns against suspending campaigns in north over insecurity

    Super Falcons

    Super Falcons advance to 36th in latest FIFA ranking

    Senegal

    Senegal parade AFCON trophy despite CAF ruling

    Senegal submits appeal to CAS against CAF’s AFCON decision

    Senegal is 2025 AFCON champions, coach insists

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    May 18, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.