Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    February 21, 2026
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    • Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today
    • Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara
    • Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Exposed: Suspect dupes 33 men on Instagram, acting as a lady

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 18, 2016No Comments6 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Falope Oluwole Isreal
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Falope Oluwole Isreal

    Falope Oluwole Israel, a 22year old suspect arrested by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command, has disclosed that he duped over 33 men while pretending to be a lady on Instagram.

    It was revealed that Falope was arrested when officials of the RRS decoy team, who had been monitoring him for some weeks, trailed him to a popular club in Ikeja City Mall on Thursday evening, before arresting him.

    The officers were reported to have monitored him, and those that he was interacting with at the club before arresting him and a colleague late in the night.

    It was gathered that the suspect recently celebrated his birthday at Hard & Rock, Lekki, Lagos, week before his arrest, where he lavished over half a million on foods and drinks.

    The suspect, a 100 level part time student of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Ogba, Lagos, who confessed committing the crime, said that he has been in the business for more than two years.

    The Police revealed that Falope’s activities on Instagram was placed under investigations when it received a complaint about an Instagram handle @blackberbiedoll, used for criminal activities, which was later traced to him.

    Apart from @blackberbiedoll, which he prominently used for fraudulent activities, he maintained @froshwhite007 and @froshwhite separately for same purpose.

    The complainant, Bernard stated that he got a friend request from @blackberbiedoll. “Apparently, the picture on the account was that of a lady. The lady in question messaged me on BBM. Honestly, I thought I was chatting with a woman who claimed to be in Nigeria at the time.

    “She lied to me that her father was a Nigerian and her mum, a Kenyan, and so we got talking. At a point, she lied that she was building a beauty outfit in Ikota Shopping Mall, VGC and that she was in need of some money to complete the mall”,
    Bernard added.
    He explained further, “I had to transfer N1million to her. Weeks later, I grew suspicious of the account name Olawole Israel Oluwaseun Falope. I ran a search on Google, and then discovered it was all scam.

    Immediately, I reported the incident to Instagram and that account was blocked and later suspended to prevent others from falling victim”.

    Another victim, who did not want his identity disclosed said he paid N100, 000 into her account to support her bogus fashion outfit.

    Admitting the allegation, the suspect noted that since he started the fraudulent act about 2 years ago, he had duped no fewer than 33 men pretending to be a lady on Instagram and that the least amount he received from any of them was N80,000.

    “When I started, much as I pretended to be a lady on phone, some men on the other side didn’t believe me. I then downloaded an app on Google which transformed my voice into that of a lady whenever I am having conversation.

    I got several pictures of Shayla, a pretty United States based lady on my profile. Since then, men have been disturbing me and calling to request for a date.” He stated

    He said, “what I do is that I assess people based on their appearance on Instagram, add them and thereafter open up conversations with them before I start bringing up all manners of stories in order to dupe them.

    “At a point, I lied to most of them that I had an accident and I lost my ATM. I told them that I need some money. Some of them were generous enough to drop money into my account.

    “I lied to them that I was putting up a boutique and saloon at Ikota, VGC and Lekki, and that I need money to finish setting up. I know I made a mistake downloading Shayla’s pictures and used them for fraudulent purposes. I am telling you the truth, those that I have collected money from can’t be more than 33.” He explained

    Investigations revealed that the owner of the profile pictures the suspect used, @Shayla had complained to Instagram that some Nigerians were using her profile pictures to scam unsuspecting members of the public.

    It was also disclosed that the suspect claimed to be a friend of Toke Makinwa, Tonto Dike, Don jazzy, Peter Okoye, Toyin Aihmaku, Tee Y Mix, Oristsefemi, Timaya, Sean Tizzle, Dami Adenuga, Femi Otedola, Mike Adenuga jnr, Ramsey Noah e.t.c.

    “I know all of them. I attend a lot of shows, I meet them, take photographs with them, even exchange numbers. Like sister Toke Makinwa, Tonto Dike, Uncle Ramsey Noah, these are the kind of celebrities I look up to and I want to be like them.” He stated

    But RRS investigators confirmed that he was following a lot of Nigerian celebrities on Instagram but they could not confirm if any of them fell prey to Falope’s antics, as many his Instagram chats with them got no response.

    They added that a Ghanaian business man, who Falope claimed to have met at a popular club in Nigeria rebuffed his request to engage him in a chat.

    They noted that Falope claims of been a halfcast, Fashion designer, stylist, cosmetologist, model were all part his fraud to make people fall for him. He was never a trainee or a specialist in any of this.

    Our source added that he is not an half cast as he claimed to be, rather he bleached his skin.
    “He didn’t deny this claim. He admitted bleaching his skin to escape the taunting of girls that he was a very ugly guy”, the source stated.

    Items recovered from the suspect included, an iphone 6, 1 Samsung Galaxy A5, an Apple tablet, hand and neck chains, some new notes and a handbag.

    Confirming the development, the Police Public Relations Officer, Suprintendent Dolapo Badmos, warned Nigerains to be careful on the internet because scammers are on the prowl world wide.

    The suspect has been transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for further investigations.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    February 21, 2026
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.