Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NIS uncovers trafficking attempt, rescues two underage girls

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 2, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    FG gives foreigners with expired visas until August 1 to leave Nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) Ilela border command in Sokoto has detained Rukaya Hassan, 25, for attempting to traffic two minor girls across the border to the Niger Republic. 

    This was revealed in a statement issued on Tuesday in Abuja by the NIS Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Abdullahi.

    Abdullahi stated that the victims had been handed over to the National Agency for the Prohibition of Human Trafficking for further investigation.

    He stated that the action was a quick response to the new Comptroller of Immigration, Mrs. Kemi Nandap’s, morale-boosting demand.

    According to him, during interrogation, the young lady from the Giribshi district of Sokoto admitted that she did not know the two young girls she was travelling with to Niger.

    “She claimed they were handed over to her by one woman in Sokoto, named Maman Adnan, who paid for their transport to Niger.

    “She also claimed the woman requested her to help take the two girls to another woman in Niger, named Amina Yunusa, who will give them jobs in her restaurant in Niamey.”

    According to Abdullahi, upon further examination, the two teenagers, Nabila Ibrahim (17) and her sister, Zainab Ibrahim (15), stated that they were from Zuru LGA in Kebbi State.

    According to them, they were going to Niger to resume work in a certain restaurant, of which they didn’t know the owner, but their parents approved of their trip.

    In response, the Comptroller of the NIS, Ilela Command, Tony Akuneme, who conducted the interviews, urged the NAPTIP, Sokoto State, to take custody of the two victims and the accused trafficker.

    This, he claimed, would aid in future inquiries and potential prosecution.

    Akuneme emphasised his commitment to continuing the war against migrant smuggling and human trafficking in order to cascade the CG’s efforts.

    Akuneme described the Immigration CG as congratulating officers and men from the Ilela border command for their efforts and promising to award excellent staff.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.