Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    AFCON: Morocco coach Walid Regragui banned for two matches

    David GreatBy David GreatJanuary 24, 2024No Comments1 Min Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Walid Regragui led Morocco to the semi-final of the World Cup in 2022
    Walid Regragui led Morocco to the semi-final of the World Cup in 2022
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Morocco coach Walid Regragui has been suspended for two matches just hours before his side’s final group match at the Africa Cup of Nations, the Confederation of African Football officials said.

    Regragui, who led his country to the World Cup semi-finals in 2022, had been involved in an on-field spat with Democratic Republic of Congo captain Chancel Mbemba at the end of their Group F match in San Pedro on Sunday.

    The incident led to scuffles between opposing players as well as staff on the pitch and alleged fighting in the tunnel at the stadium, but out of public view.

    Mbemba was then subjected to online racial abuse from Moroccan fans many of whom targeted him on Instagram.

    Morocco said they were appealing the decision, which came ahead of Morocco’s AFCON showdown against Zambia in San Pedro on Wednesday, which will brings the group phase of the tournament to a close.

    Regragui had gone to shake Mbemba’s hand at the end of the match but held onto it as he tried to remonstrate with the defender, who repeatedly tried to pull away before breaking loose.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    CAF denies rumours, reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026

    CAF denies rumours, reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026

    Super Eagles into semi-finals as Osimhen, Akor sink Algeria

    Osimhen on IFFHS top scorers list alongside Messi, Mbappe

    Chelle lauds Super Eagles' 4-0 win, calls Osimhen world's best striker

    Eric Chelle targets Real Madrid job

    Morocco seeks CAF, FIFA intervention after Senegal AFCON walk-out

    Senegal fans held after AFCON final start hunger strike

    Amaju Pinnick loses re-election into FIFA council

    Pinnick says Nigeria wouldn’t miss 2026 W’Cup under him

    Hakimi crowned 2025 CAF Men’s Player of the Year

    CAF suspends Hakimi, fines Senegal, Morocco over AFCON chaos

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.