Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    • Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack
    • US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Yaya Toure signs new Man City contract

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJune 2, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Yaya Toure
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Yaya Toure scored twice on his return to the Manchester City first team in November

    Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has signed a new one-year deal with the Premier League club.

    The 34-year-old has played 299 games for City, scoring 81 goals, since joining from Barcelona in 2010.

    Earlier this season, Toure was left out of the Champions League squad and manager Pep Guardiola fell out with the player’s agent, Dimitri Seluk.

    “I am delighted. I told myself the journey at City is not done,” Toure told the club’s website.

    The former Monaco and Olympiakos man played in the first leg of the Champions League play-off against Steaua Bucharest in August, but was then dropped from the team by Guardiola.

    Seluk claimed the midfielder had been “humiliated” and the Spaniard refused to pick Toure until Seluk apologised for criticising the decision to leave the player out.

    But Toure apologised on Seluk’s behalf at the start of November and he was was selected for the Premier League game against Crystal Palace later that month, in which he scored two goals following his three-month exile.

    Toure became an important part of the team for the remainder of the campaign, playing a total of 31 games, as City finished third in the league.

    He said: “I am very lucky now to be part of a great club with great players around me who are helping me to achieve my targets.

    “Of course I want to win trophies, that is very important to me. I want to enjoy it at this age still and remaining here is a massive, massive thing.

    “It is a great club, going in the right direction with new players who are coming in.”

    City’s director of football Txiki Begiristain added: “Yaya has been a fantastic servant for Manchester City and continues to be a vital member of Pep Guardiola’s squad.

    “He is one of our most experienced and popular players and we couldn’t be happier that he is staying with us as we embark on what we all hope will be a very exciting season.”

    Toure’s deal at Etihad Stadium was coming to an end this summer, while out-of-contract goalkeeper Willy Caballero, winger Jesus Navas and defenders Pablo Zabaleta, Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna will all leave the club at the end of the month.

    City have completed the £43m purchase of Monaco midfielder Bernardo Silva, while they have agreed a £35m deal for Benfica goalkeeper Ederson Moraes.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Ambulance hits woman near finish line at Lagos City Marathon

    Liverpool thrash Brighton 3-0 in FA Cup clash

    Liverpool thrash Brighton 3-0 in FA Cup clash

    Real Madrid: Alonso says 'n o case with Vinicius' over El Clasico outburst

    Real Madrid top La Liga after 4-1 win over Sociedad

    Ronaldo becomes first active footballer to reach billionaire status

    Ronaldo scores in Al-Nassr return after boycott of matches

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    February 15, 2026
    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.