Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe
    • Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate
    • INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers
    • Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes
    • Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president
    • Maguire ‘shocked’ to miss Tuchel’s England World Cup squad
    • Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term
    • Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Yahaya Bello trial: Court rejects defence documents without CTC receipts

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedFebruary 4, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Yahaya Bello in court during hearing on alleged money laundering charges linked to prepaid school fees dispute.
    Former governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello in court room
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The trial of former Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, resumed on Wednesday, February 4, 2026, at the Federal High Court in Maitama, Abuja, with fresh exchanges during the cross-examination of the seventh prosecution witness.

    Bello is standing trial before Justice Emeka Nwite on a 19-count charge filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over alleged money laundering involving ₦80.2 billion.

    At the resumed proceedings, prosecution counsel, Kemi Pinheiro, SAN, told the court that the case was scheduled for the cross-examination of Prosecution Witness Seven, noting that three prosecution witnesses were available.

    The witness, Olomotane Egoro, a compliance officer with Access Bank Plc, confirmed he was testifying under subpoena and remained under oath. He identified and confirmed documents earlier tendered as Exhibits 32, 33(1–11) and 34.

    Egoro also told the court that he had previously testified before another Federal High Court in connection with the same exhibits, although he could not recall the specific defendants involved.

    During proceedings, defence counsel, J.B. Daudu, SAN, attempted to tender Certified True Copies of documents from the earlier court. While the prosecution raised no objection to the documents themselves, Pinheiro argued that the defence failed to present receipts showing payment for the CTCs.

    • EFCC: Yahaya bello used structured cash deposits to evade NFIU reports

    Justice Nwite agreed with the prosecution, ruling that the documents could only be admitted upon the presentation of the required receipts. The defence subsequently informed the court that efforts were being made to retrieve them.

    Further cross-examination focused on bank transactions linked to Keyless Nature Limited, Fazab Oil and Abba Adaudu. The witness confirmed counter cheque payments and transfers, including ₦200,000 and ₦8 million, in favour of Adaudu.

    On local government inflows, Egoro testified that funds paid into accounts were tied to specific transactions, including medical supplies and sporting materials from Okehi, Omala and Yagba East local governments.

    He added that the transactions reflected normal banking operations, noting that the account opening documents for Fazab Oil could be retrieved if required.

    Justice Nwite adjourned the case to Thursday, February 5, 2026, for the continuation of PW7’s cross-examination.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    Aliyu sacks all Sokoto educational authorities

    Sokoto: APC endorses Aliyu for second term

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Yusuf emerges APC consensus candidate for Kano gov poll

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    May 21, 2026
    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    May 21, 2026
    INEC chairman, Prof. Joash Ojo Amupitan speaking on the need to arrest and prosecute vote buyers in Nigeria

    INEC chair demands arrest, prosecution of vote buyers

    May 21, 2026
    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Yusuf’s aide says Kwankwaso working for Tinubu behind the scenes

    May 21, 2026
    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkey president

    Osimhen, Galatasaray teammates hosted by Turkish president

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.