Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    • Gowon accuses Ojukwu of frustrating peace talks, causing civil war
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Woman found guilty of hiding six dead babies in locker

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 7, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Manitoba provincial court Judge Murray Thompson reads verdict in Andrea Giesbrecht trial Photo: BBC/Manitoba Court
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Manitoba provincial court Judge Murray Thompson reads verdict in Andrea Giesbrecht trial
    Photo: BBC/Manitoba Court

    A Winnipeg woman, Andrea Giesbrecht, has been found guilty of disposing of the remains of six infants in a storage locker.

    Ms Giesbrecht had been charged with six counts of concealing the body of a child. Each charge carries a sentence of up to two years in jail.

    Manitoba provincial court Judge Murray Thompson read out his decision on Monday after a months-long trial.

    According to BBC News, the remains of the infants were found in the locker in October 2014.

    Judge Thompson said the evidence presented at trial left “no doubt” that Ms Giesbrecht concealed her pregnancies and the resulting delivery of the six infants.

    The Winnipeg storage facility where Andrea Giesbrecht hid the six babies

    Employees cleaning out the storage locker in a U-Haul facility called the authorities after making their gruesome discovery.

    The remains of six full or near full-term foetuses were found in various stages of decomposition. Ms Giesbrecht was arrested soon after the discovery of the remains.

    Investigators were unable to determine with certainty the cause of death or whether any of the infants had been born alive.

    Judge Thompson said in his decision, which was livestreamed from the courtroom, that “the medical evidence, both statistically and with respect to each child, is that they were likely born alive”.

    According to her medical records, Ms Giesbrecht did not see a doctor during any of the six pregnancies. Children’s toys, children and infants’ clothing and blankets were found alongside the remains in the locker.

    “There is no evidence of complication in these pregnancies,” the judge said. “All of her actions lead to one conclusion – that Giesbrecht was aware that these children were likely to have been born alive and she wished to conceal the fact of their birth.”

    The date of Ms Giesbrecht’s sentencing has not yet been set.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.