Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    • SERAP urges INEC to probe alleged N800bn APC campaign fund diversion
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Trump, wife unhurt after shooting at White House dinner

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoApril 26, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    EU-US trade tensions rise as Trump threatens 25% car tariffs
    US President Donald Trump
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    President Donald Trump and the First Lady were unhurt after a shooting incident at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Washington, D.C., on Saturday night.

    The United States Secret Service announced that a suspect has been apprehended, and that investigations are continuing in coordination with local law enforcement.

    According to the BBC on Sunday, the shooting took place near the main security screening area at the Washington Hilton, where hundreds of journalists, lawmakers, and visitors had gathered.

    “The president and first lady are safe along with all protectees,” the statement read, noting that the condition of those involved in the incident was still being assessed.

    Witnesses reported hearing what sounded like gunshots shortly after 8:30 p.m., which caused panic as people evacuated the ballroom.

    Security personnel were observed hurriedly evacuating important officials, including Vice President J.D. Vance and cabinet members.

    Video footage from the situation showed Secret Service officials evacuating the stage and escorting the president and other dignitaries to safety, with shouts encouraging others to “stay down.”

    Shortly after the incident, Trump applauded security officials’ quick response.

    “Secret Service and law enforcement did a fantastic job. They acted quickly and bravely. The shooter has been apprehended,” he said in a post on social media.

    He also stated that, while he initially advised that the event continue, final choices will be determined by security officials, adding that the evening’s schedule had been considerably disturbed.

    Organizers later announced that the president would speak to the press, with intentions to reschedule the event within 30 days.

    The White House Correspondents’ Dinner is an annual meeting of journalists, political officials, and public personalities that is often regarded as a watershed moment in American press freedom.

    As of press time, authorities had yet to reveal comprehensive information regarding the suspect or any casualties from the incident.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    Frank Edoho, ex-wife fight dirty over infidelity, divorce

    Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’

    INEC chairman announces June 20 by-elections and Ekiti governorship poll at Abuja headquarters ceremony.

    SERAP urges INEC to probe alleged N800bn APC campaign fund diversion

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Fernandes

    Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.