Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark
    • 2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket
    • Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven
    • Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction
    • Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup
    • Barcelona thrash Lyon to win fourth Champions League title
    • EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles
    • Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Troops neutralise 126 terrorists in N/East

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 26, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    The Defense Headquarters confirmed that terrorists and military troops were killed when terrorists launched a concerted attack on the 29th Task Force Brigade Headquarters in Benisheikh, Borno State.
    Nigerian Army
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Troops of the Joint Task Force Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) have neutralised 126 Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists in the North-East.

    Col. Obinna Azuikpe, the Theatre Command Intelligence Coordinator, made this known while reviewing progress of the operations in the North-East, on Friday in Maiduguri.

    He said the troops recorded successes against the insurgents in the ongoing clearance operations in the past three months, adding that, “ten soldiers had paid the supreme price.”

    Azuikpe said that the troops under the Operation Desert Sanity conducted 9,163 patrols, 5,553 ambushes and 1,006 clearance operations.

    He said the troops successfully cleared insurgents’ enclaves in Afa, Kara, Abullam, Talala Ajigin, Buk Alagarno, Dole, Alafa, Darusalam, Kuraba, Ukuba and Camp Zero.

    The troops, he said, also destroyed insurgents’ bomb factories and a major cell used for detaining 150 captives.

    Azuikpe explained that the Command also recorded about 81 Improvised Explosives Device (IEDs) attacks across the region within the period under review.

    He said that about eight indirect mortar bomb attacks were recorded in Maiduguri, Malam Fatori, Gamboru Ngala and Bama.

    • Troops arrest notorious IPOB/ESN leader in Enugu

    He said the troops also recovered arms and ammunitions including artillery guns, Anti Aircraft guns, Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), Gun trucks, an 18 seater bus and 60 Commando Mortar bombs, among others.

    Also commenting, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, Theatre Commander OPHK, identified detection and diffusing of IEDs as a major challenge in the fight against insurgency in the region.

    “Troops must scan areas where it is conducting patrols before going for any operation, and scan again while returning.

    “In spite of these challenges, the troops continued to record remarkable successes in various operations against the insurgents in the North East,” he said.

    Musa said the conduct of the Operation Lake Sanity by the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF), would further harness the operational gains recorded so far in the theatre.

    “From the indices of happenings in the North-East theatre of operation, it is possible that the insurgency will be over in 2022.

    “This is because the ongoing battlefield regional counter insurgency efforts have been comprehensively sustained through operation Hadin Kai and the MNJTF’s operation.

    “This is with the support from the Air Task Force, Maritime and other security agencies.

    “The Chief of Army Staff and other Service Chiefs have been very supportive which translate to the successes recorded so far.

    “This also means that President Muhammadu Buhari is supporting them, through the Minister of Defence and the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS),” he said. (NAN)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    May 24, 2026
    Bayern Munich's Harry Kane is the top scorer in the Bundesliga

    Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.