Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    LIVE: Joshua, Dubois clash at Wembley for IBF title

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 21, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    LIVE: Joshua, Dubois clash in front of 96,000 at Wembley
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Anthony Joshua will box Daniel Dubois in a highly-anticipated all-British heavyweight title fight tonight, with a domestic-record crowd expected to fill out Wembley Stadium.

    A staggering 96,000 fans will be present to see Joshua challenge Dubois for the IBF heavyweight title, as “AJ” looks to cement his legacy by becoming a three-time world champion.

    The 34-year-old lost the unified belts to Oleksandr Usyk in 2021 and came up short again in their 2022 rematch. Since then, however, Joshua has been on a tear, securing four consecutive victories, including a decision over Jermaine Franklin and knockouts of Robert Helenius, Otto Wallin, and UFC star Francis Ngannou.

    Dubois, meanwhile, also tasted defeat at the hands of Usyk, losing by stoppage in 2023.

    However, the 27-year-old has rebuilt with decisive wins, including stoppages over Jarrell Miller and Filip Hrgovic, claiming the interim IBF title. With Usyk vacating the belt, Dubois was elevated to full champion status, making tonight’s clash his first defence.

    Dubois makes his ring walk first and there is a deafening applause. The world champion arrives to a champion’s welcome.

    Then follows Joshua who starts his walk to the theme tune from The Godfather and then it quickly shifts into some Jay-Z. Dressed in a very slick white robe with shoulder pads from the 70s, Joshua stands tall with his chest out and he looks almost robotic as he walks.

    The song ‘War’ from the movie Rocky IV plays as he steps into the ring.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.