Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    May 19, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager
    • Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister
    • Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket
    • San Diego mosque shooting kills three
    • Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win
    • Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly
    • Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation
    • Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Saraki denies Buhari offer to remain in APC

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 23, 2018No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Senate President, Bukola Saraki has denied reports of a juicy package from APC and Presidency to remain in APC
    Senate President, Bukola Saraki has denied reports of a juicy package from APC and Presidency to remain in APC

    Senate President Bukola Saraki has denied stories that he was being offered juicy package by the Presidency and All Progressives Congress (APC) to keep him in the party, but explained they were meeting on serious national issues.

    He said that though there had had been discussions on some national issues, talks of offers to him by APC leadership or President Muhammadu Buhari was not only untrue but unfortunate.

    A section of the media reported that the presidency and APC National Chairman, Mr Adams Oshiomhole, had made overtures to influential leaders of Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC), to stall their planned mass defection from the party.

    The reports said that Buhari, his vice, Yemi Osinbajo and four APC governors allegedly met on Thursday with Saraki on the grievances of R-APC and some other members.

    Oshiomhole was reported to have met individually with Saraki, Speaker of House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara, governors of Sokoto, Aminu Tambuwal and Samuel Ortom of Benue.

    He was also reported to have met with others including political gladiators in Kano state and APC caucus in the National Assembly, with a view to dousing the defection threat.

    But, in a statement on Monday in Abuja by Mr Yusuph Olaniyonu, his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Saraki said it was myopic for anybody to talk about certain offers being made to an individual.

    He said that the future of the country and its democracy were at stake, and not the issue of give and take.

    President Muhammadu Buhari flanked by Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Speaker House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara met over Plateau killings
    President Muhammadu Buhari flanked by Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Speaker House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara

    Saraki said: “I saw some reports talking about promise of money or oil block and nomination tickets.

    “Those viewing the ongoing development in that context are simply reducing a major national issue involving many key actors to that of personal benefits and preferences.

    “I believe at this point, it is important for me to make some clarifications, end speculations and make my position clear.

    “It is important for Nigerians to know that the discussions that I and many others of like minds are having with the Presidency and leadership of APC is not about me and what I want.

    READ: R. Kelly responds to sex allegations in 19-minute song, ‘I Admit’

    “It involves the future of our country and her democracy. It is about making things better for our people.

    “Though there are many speculations being peddled in the media, let it be known that these discussions are not about me.”

    He added that whatever had happened to him in the past had passed, saying “now that God in his infinite mercy has vindicated me, I have moved on, believing that we have all learnt our lessons.

    “As I said in my statement following the Supreme Court judgment on July 6, I cannot hold any grudge against any individual.

    “I have forgiven all those, who played one role or the other in my persecution and likewise, I have asked for forgiveness from all those that I wronged in the past.

    “Our focus should now be about Nigeria. The major issue on the table for discussion is how to strengthen our democracy, rebuild our economy and stop the spate of insecurity.

    “It is also to improve the conditions of living of our people and generally chart a course for the development of this great country.

    “We will be insulting Nigerians if, as the 2019 elections draw nearer, our deliberations are about personal benefits or how to pay compensation for wrongs done to an individual.

    “As for my political future, we just need to continue to engage with others, listen to advice and exchange ideas because the decision is not that of mine alone.

    “It is for all our supporters and associates to deliberate upon and take a decision based on the overall interest of our people.

    “It is my prayers that Almighty God will guide us right in all our decisions and make a positive turn-around in our country.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Court orders El-Rufai to report to DSS monthly

    Land-grabbing thugs popularly called "Omo Onile" have demolished over 50 buildings in the Surulere community of Lagos State.

    Political thugs disrupt Ondo APC primary collation

    Senate : SERAP demands Akpabio publish names in N200tn NNPCL probe

    Akpabio emerges APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom north west

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC declares ex-minister Sadiya Farouq wanted for alleged fraud

    Sadiya Farouq: Court sustains arrest warrant against ex-minister

    May 19, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi boast of beating Atiku to ADC ticket

    May 19, 2026
    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    San Diego mosque shooting kills three

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.