Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police warn Sowore against protests over Lagos demolitions

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoOctober 27, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Sowore mocks Malami in court, says 'the system is dealing with you'
    Omoyele Sowore
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Olohundare Jimoh, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, has urged activist Omoyele Sowore and others not to mobilize rallies over recent demolitions in the state.

    Jimoh issued the warning while speaking to reporters on the Iyana-Oworo axis of the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos on Monday.

    The police chief stated that the command has undertaken significant deployments throughout the city to prevent any planned rallies that could lead to civil unrest.

    He underlined that the command would not accept any attempt to block major routes or disrupt the existing state of tranquility in Lagos.

    “We want to warn Sowore and his group to stay away from Lagos or face the full weight of the law.

    “The Third Mainland Bridge is too vital to the Nigerian economy and the safety of lives and property for anyone to think of blocking it.

    ”Every day, thousands of people depend on that route for their livelihood and medical emergencies,” he said.

    The police chief stated that policemen had been stationed at strategic spots like the Third Mainland Bridge, Maryland, Ojota, Gani Fawehinmi Park, Gbagada, Bariga Lekki Toll Gate, and other locations to maintain peace and order.

    According to him, while the Constitution provides freedom of expression and peaceful assembly, protests must follow due process and not violate the rights of others.

    “Anyone who wishes to organize a peaceful protest must follow the laid-down procedures.

    “What we have seen in recent times is not protest but attempts to disrupt public peace. Anyone who engages in such will be dealt with according to the law,” he said.

    Speaking on the recent Oworonshoki demolition, Jimoh defended the government’s action, describing the affected areas as illegal structures and hideouts for criminals.

    “Those areas were being used by criminals to launch attacks on innocent Nigerians.

    “The government is justified in clearing them. Genuine residents have been compensated, and this was documented and covered by the media two days ago,” he said.

    He accused certain people of attempting to exploit the situation for political or criminal gain and warned that the police would not tolerate anyone using the cover of protest to cause havoc.

    “Anyone hiding under activism to cause chaos is complicit in a conspiracy to commit a crime; we will not permit that,” he said.

    The commissioner assured law-abiding people of appropriate protection and encouraged them to go about their everyday lives without worry.

    “Every Nigerian is entitled to protection, safety, and freedom of movement.

    “We will continue to ensure that Lagos remains peaceful, but criminality under the cover of protest will not be tolerated,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.