Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police rescue soldier, 15 others from Boko Haram captivity in Borno

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 30, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    EFCC, police clash over re-arrest of suspects
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Borno State Police Command claims to have rescued a soldier who was kidnapped along the Maiduguri-Damaturu Road with 15 other people.

    The travellers were kidnapped by the Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) sect in Borno State, according to a statement from the force’s spokesman, ASP Sani Kamilu.

    “Police operatives on patrol around Auno axis rescued a soldier attached to 4 Battalion Marte and 15 others from abduction by suspected Boko Haram terrorists.

    “The motorists were coming from different locations into Maiduguri but on reaching Yanakiri/Kondori village along Damaturu-Maiduguri Road, they were intercepted and abducted to the bush,” Kamilu stated.

    • Boko Haram fighters surrender in Borno

    According to a police spokesman, the terrorists were pursued by the crack team of officers, who collaborated with the police Rapid Response Squad to obtain the information.

    Boko Haram has ravaged several parts of northern Nigeria.

    The security operatives engaged the terrorists in a gunfight, which resulted in the victims’ successful rescue.

    To defeat the outlaws, Kamilu revealed that operatives used superior firepower and techniques.

    Abductions have increased in the last month on the Maiduguri- Damaturu Road, which is the only road connecting Borno to the rest of the country, with many of the incidents going unreported.

    Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya, the Chief of Army Staff, banned soldiers fighting in the northeast from traveling by road in August and launched a welfare flight program for soldiers on leave.

    Military sources confirmed that those travelling to nearby cities such as Yobe, Bauchi, and Plateau are usually escorted by an armed convoy.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.