The Nigeria Police Force has commenced disciplinary action against Newton Isokpehi, an officer who threatened to kill anyone who filmed him while on duty.
In a viral video, Isokpehi threatened to shoot passengers in a bus if anyone recorded him while he was on duty.
He claimed to have served for 26 years and lamented poor working conditions in the force.
“Any day I’m on duty as an officer while holding my rifle, let someone video me,” he warned.
“That oga who gave the order that police officers should be filmed will do your burial. I will kill anyone who films me on duty.”
We’ve Summoned Him
In a statement on Thursday, Anthony Placid, force spokesperson, said Isokpehi had been summoned to the Anambra State Police Command headquarters, where disciplinary procedures had commenced.
Placid said the force does not tolerate threats, intimidation, abuse of office, or any conduct capable of undermining public trust in law enforcement.
He added that recording police officers while carrying out lawful duties is a legitimate tool for accountability and transparency, and should not attract harassment.
The statement further noted that the officer has been identified and disciplinary measures are ongoing, with a formal update to be released after conclusion of the process.









