Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    May 22, 2026
    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    May 22, 2026
    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    • Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election
    • Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid
    • Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him
    • DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists
    • Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in
    • Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers
    • Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMay 22, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.
    Canadian police
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Police tactical teams carried out a major operation in downtown St. John’s on Thursday morning after surrounding a home on Spencer Street as part of an ongoing weapons and drug investigation.

    The operation began at about 11:30 a.m. when officers from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Emergency Response Team, the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary Tactics and Rescue Unit, K9 officers, and an RCMP Tactical Armoured Vehicle converged on the property.

    Authorities shut down the street as officers moved in. Police used the armoured vehicle’s breaching ram to force entry through the front door and also smashed a lower-level window during the raid.

    Multiple diversionary devices, commonly known as flash bangs, were deployed before officers ordered occupants to leave the residence.

    At least five people were initially seen exiting the home, with two appearing to be handcuffed and escorted to a police vehicle. Police later confirmed that a total of 12 individuals vacated the property during the operation.

    The RNC said the action was the execution of a search warrant connected to an investigation by its Weapons and Drug Enforcement Unit.

    Tactical teams cleared the area around 1:00 p.m., although officers remained at the scene while the property search continued.

    Police said the investigation remains ongoing and charges are pending, though none had been formally announced as of Thursday afternoon.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    Police IG Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    May 22, 2026
    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    May 22, 2026
    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    May 22, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    May 22, 2026
    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.