Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police arrest Anthony Joshua’s driver over crash

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 1, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Anthony Joshua crash scene in Ogun involving SUV and stationary truck
    Anthony Joshua in pains at the scene of the crash
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Ogun State Police Command confirmed on Thursday the arrest of the driver of the ill-fated Lexus SUV carrying World Boxing Champion Anthony Joshua and two of his close companions before colliding on Monday near Danco on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

    Oluseyi Babaseyi, spokesperson for the state police command, confirmed this in a statement made available to journalists on Thursday.

    “The driver of the Lexus SUV involved in the Anthony Joshua accident is currently in custody.” “Investigations are ongoing,” the statement said.

    Recall that Joshua was involved in an automobile accident on Monday about 11 a.m. that killed two other people.

    It was also reported that the car transporting the renowned boxer, a Lexus SUV bearing the registration number KRD 850 HN, collided with a stationary truck.

    The two foreign nationals who perished in the tragedy have also been identified: Ayodele Kelvin Olu (36), a Nigerian/British citizen, and Gami Sina (36), a British citizen.

    However, the Lagos and Ogun state governments confirmed on Wednesday that Anthony Joshua had been discharged from the hospital following the tragic traffic accident.

    This was according to a joint statement signed by Mr. Kayode Akinmade, the Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to Gov. Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State, and Lagos State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Gbenga Omotosho.

    The two state governments once again commiserated with the families of the deceased, describing the incident as painful and deeply unfortunate.

    They prayed that Almighty God would grant the souls of the departed eternal rest and give their families and loved ones the strength to bear the irreparable loss.

    The statement disclosed that Anthony Joshua and his mother were at a funeral home in Lagos on Wednesday to pay their final respects to the two late friends, whose bodies were being prepared for repatriation later in the evening.

    According to the government, Anthony Joshua was discharged from Lagoon Hospital, Ikoyi, late on Wednesday after doctors confirmed that he was clinically fit to continue his recuperation from home.

    Governors Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State and Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State expressed deep appreciation to members of the public for the overwhelming concern, prayers, and show of love following the sad incident.

    They also conveyed their gratitude to President Bola Tinubu for what they described as his fatherly support throughout the period.

    The governments also praised the doctors and medical professionals at Lagoon Hospital in Ikoyi for the level of care, professionalism, and commitment they demonstrated in treating Anthony Joshua and other accident victims.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    FILE PHOTO: An aerial view of a collapsed building in Lagos

    Two-storey building collapses in Anambra

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.