Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action
    • Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Plateau: NANS says ‘no concrete steps by FG’ to protect lives

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedDecember 29, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA
    President Bola Tinubu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The National Association of Nigerian Students had called on the Federal Government to declare a day of national mourning for the recent killings in Plateau State.

    It also said it was embarrassing that no one has been arrested in connection with the recent killings in Plateau State.

    Chronicle NG reported earlier that over 60 people were killed in a Christmas Eve attack in 17 villages in the Barkin Ladi, Mangu, and Bokkos Local Government Areas of the state.

    Plateau State map APCON private school. Independence Anniversary: Gunmen kill eight in Plateau attack

    The attacks had also displaced over 10,000 people, many of whom were presently camped in churches, mosques, schools, and private residences.

    President Bola Tinubu as well as other prominent individuals and groups had condemned the killings, even as the United Nations demanded a probe into the attack.

    Reacting to the incident in a statement made available to our newsmen on Friday, the students’ bodies said, “We are saddened by the news of tens of worshippers who were brutally murdered in cold blood by blood-thirsty gunmen in Plateau State.”

    • Plateau: IG orders AIG Zone 4’s relocation

    In the statement by NANS Senate President, Ekundina Elvis, the association expressed concern that “ever since the news filtered into the media space, we find it highly embarrassing that the murderers are yet to be identified, arrested, and prosecuted in a law court.”

    NANS blasts ASUU for joining strike

    NANS said it also found it disturbing that “no concrete step has been taken by the government to honour the memories of those that were killed.”

    Four killed as gunmen invades Plateau community
    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State

    The association called on the government to protect the lives and property of the Nigerians, asking the ruling class to stop the condolence visitations.

    “As an association, we want to say that with enough condolence visits by our ruling class, the government must make concerted efforts towards the protection of the lives and property of the Nigerian people.

    “Conclusively, we charge the Federal Government to declare a day of national mourning while the Nigerian flag at all levels is flown at half mast,” the statement concluded.

    Meanwhile, Chronicle NG has reported that the invaders had threatened fresh attacks on a community in Plateau State, barely four days after the first massacre.

    The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the Middle Belt Forum, Stanley Kavwam, said in an interview with Arise TV on Thursday that the terrorists sent a letter of imminent attack to Pushit Community in the Mangu Local Government Area, Plateau, where he hails from.

    The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Alabo Alfred, told The Punch News that the command was aware of the threat.

    Police disclosed that Children aged between three and eight, were sold for between N300,000 and N600,000
    Nigeria Police Force

    “We have intelligence, but we are working on it,” the PPRO had said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Senate Committee on Diaspora and Non-Governmental Organisations has voiced alarm about the growing trend of Nigerians travelling abroad

    Senate condemns Oyo abduction, demands immediate action

    May 18, 2026
    Seyi Makinde addressing supporters during the PDP–APM Alliance rally in Ibadan where he declared his 2027 presidential ambition.

    Makinde confirms seven teachers abducted, one killed in Oyo

    May 18, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.