Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    • Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo
    • Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack
    • US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NNPC says no more bodies found in Port Harcourt helicopter crash

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedOctober 27, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NNPCL inspects Eba oil well ahead of Ogun drilling
    NNPC Limited
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Ltd on Sunday confirmed that no other bodies have been recovered following the helicopter crash in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

    Chronicle NG reported on Thursday that NNPC confirmed the recovery of three bodies from the crash.

    The aircraft, operated by East Winds Aviation, went down with multiple occupants, and search and rescue efforts remain in full force to locate any remaining bodies in coordination with relevant authorities.

    NNPC’s Chief Corporate Communications Officer, Olufemi Soneye, expressed the company’s deep condolences, offering thoughts and prayers to the families affected by the tragedy.

    Earlier, the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) said that additional diving equipment and resources will be deployed to aid in the continuation of these efforts.

    • Three bodies recovered in Port Harcourt helicopter crash – NNPC

    So far, five bodies have been recovered while three more persons remain unaccounted for.

    The agency had on Friday explained that search operations were suspended at approximately 6:15 PM due to diminishing daylight. It said that unfortunately, no debris, survivors, or bodies were recovered during the day’s search.

    The statement signed by NSIB’s spokesperson, Mrs. Bimbo Oladeji, however, noted that the divers successfully established a secured diving perimeter at an expected location of the wreck, which will guide the operations planned for Saturday.

    The perimeter depth, according to the statement, has been measured at 40-50 meters.

    The crash happened around 11:22 am on Thursday near Bonny Finima, off the coast of Port Harcourt.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Amotekun arrests 170 anti-open grazing law violators

    Amotekun nabs12 suspected kidnappers, 83 others in Ondo

    Terrorists abduct nine Catholic church worshippers in Benue

    Terrorists kidnap four in fresh Kwara attack

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    US troops, military aircraft touch down in Nigeria for counter-terrorism

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    February 15, 2026
    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.