Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigeria to partner with Italy to combat human trafficking

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 4, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Over 250 Rohingya and Bangladeshis, including children, are missing after their boat capsized last week in the Andaman Sea, according to the United Nations' refugee and migration agencies.
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Italian Ambassador to Nigeria, Fulvio Rustico, says his country is ready to partner with Nigeria to combat the menace of human trafficking.

    Mr. Rustico disclosed this when he visited the Director-General, National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, Julie Okah-Donli, in Abuja on Thursday.

    He said the Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies in Italy, Laura Bodrini, will soon visit Nigeria to get first-hand information to address the problem.

    The envoy said that the speaker would visit Benin City, Edo, reported to have the highest number of human traffickers in the country.

    Mr. Rustico said that he was in NAPTIP office to intimate Mrs. Okah-Donli of the planned visit of the lawmaker with a view to making an informed decision on how to partner with NAPTIP to combat the menace of trafficking.

    “It is necessary to share experience with NAPTIP on human trafficking management and have an overview of the phenomenon as well as nature of human trafficking from the state.
    “The Italian legislator will be in Nigeria to have a direct knowledge of the phenomenon in order to be proactive in response to the problem,” he said.

    The envoy assured of his country’s support to NAPTIP, saying that the fight against human trafficking is a technical process that requires support and assistance of all stakeholders.

    Responding, Mrs. Okah-Donli explained that for the fight against human trafficking to be won, international partners and stakeholders like Italy must key in into collaboration with Nigeria to record success.

    She called for the collaboration of Italian government in the fight against human trafficking in the country.

    According to her, human trafficking is an evolving phenomenon that requires the active collaboration of all partners through accelerated justice delivery system and surveillance.

    The NAPTIP boss said that aggressive massive sensitisation of Nigerians, especially those in the endemic communities on the danger of human trafficking have commenced.

    She stated that her concern was also on rehabilitation of victims of human trafficking and the need to ensure accelerated justice for human traffickers.

    The director-general thanked the Italian Government for the assistance rendered to the agency in the past and solicited for more support in the area of capacity building.

    She also solicited for assistance in the areas of technical and logistic support as well as empowerment of rescued victims of human trafficking.
    (NAN)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.