Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    May 20, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    May 20, 2026
    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries
    • Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election
    • Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage
    • Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West
    • Lagos bans transportation of goods on public buses
    • WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders
    • NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24
    • Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ngige approved trainings, contracts – NSITF

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 5, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Alleged N2.2bn fraud: Ngige to remain in Kuje prison till Dec 18
    Ex-minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Suspended management of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) has said all trainings, contracts and rehabilitation it carried out received the approvals of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment and the National Assembly.

    The organisation was responding to comment by Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, that the suspended Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of NSITF, Adebayo Somefun and some members of his executive lavished N3.4 billion on “non-existent staff training split into about 196 different consultancy contracts in order to evade the Ministerial Tenders Board and Federal Executive Council (FEC) approvals.”

    Ngige had cited financial infraction and procurement breaches as some of the reasons why Mr. Somefun, three directors and other officials of the agency were suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari last week Thursday.

    But, in its response through a statement on Sunday in Abuja, the suspended management team maintained that trainings referred to by the minister were budgeted for in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 appropriations for over 5,000 staff nationwide, and Procurement Planning Committee Meetings held for the procurement of goods, works and services to commence the procurement activities.

    • Buhari suspends NSITF MD, four directors

    However, Ngige directed the management team to tender their evidence before the Joint Board and Audit Investigative Panel set up to look into the financial and procurement breaches, as well as gross misconduct in the NSITF for periods of 2016 to date.

    “Let them go and tell those ones to the panel. They should go to the panel and show all those things and if they are correct the panel will exonerate them,” Ngige said.

    The statement by the suspended NSITF management said: “There was no contract splitting as claimed by the Minister. The trainings referred to were budgeted for in the year 2017, 2018 and 2019 appropriations for over 5,000 staff nationwide, and Procurement Planning Committee Meetings were held for the procurement of goods, works and services to commence the procurement activities.

    “All these details were included in the budget for these years, taken for budget defence in the supervising ministry, officially endorsed by the minister himself, approved and transmitted to the National Assembly for necessary approval during the budget defences for these years.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West

    Sanwo-Olu The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos bans transportation of goods on public buses

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO fears Congo Ebola outbreak has spread beyond borders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    May 20, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    May 20, 2026
    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage

    May 20, 2026
    Michael Oyedokun: Terrorists behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Sanwo-Olu The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos bans transportation of goods on public buses

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.