Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Hamas kills Israeli hostage, injures others

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoAugust 13, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Hamas kills Israeli hostage, injures others
    Palestinian militants carry a victim
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The armed wing of the Palestinian group Hamas said Monday that its militants shot and killed an Israeli hostage and injured two others, both women, “in two separate incidents” in Gaza. 

    Hamas took 251 captives during their October 7 raid on Israel, which sparked the continuing conflict, with 111 of them still detained in Gaza, including 39 who the Israeli military believes are dead.

    Spokesman for the Ezzedine Al-Qassam Brigades, Abu Obeida, said in a statement: “In two separate incidents, two recruits assigned to guard enemy prisoners fired at a Zionist prisoner, killing him immediately, and also injured two female prisoners critically.”.

    The statement, shared on Telegram, did not identify the hostages or specify when or where the occurrences occurred, but did declare that “attempts are being made to save the lives” of the two ladies.

    Abu Obeida mentioned that Hamas had formed a committee to investigate the shootings.

    In reaction, the Israeli military said in a statement that it does “not have any intelligence information that allows us to refute or confirm Hamas’ claims.”

    “We will continue to examine and verify the credibility of the message,”  the statement added.

    Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, the Israeli military spokesman, said in a televised briefing earlier on Monday, “We do not forget for a moment the hostages being cruelly held by Hamas in Gaza.”

    “We are deeply concerned about their physical and mental condition, given the prolonged time that has passed and the harsh conditions of their captivity.”

    According to an AFP calculation based on official Israeli estimates, the October 7 bombing killed 1,198 individuals, the majority of whom were civilians.

    Israel’s retaliatory military onslaught in the Gaza Strip since then has killed at least 39,897 Palestinians, according to the Hamas-run territory’s health ministry, which does not disclose information on civilian and militant casualties.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.