Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24
    • Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad
    • Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth
    • PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race
    • Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west
    • Gowon reaffirms love for Nigeria in autobiography ‘My Life of Duty & Allegiance’
    • Ebola deaths in Congo rise to 131 amid outbreak
    • DHQ confirms over 20 terrorists killed in coordinated US-Nigeria operation
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Lassa fever: Zulum urges Borno’s emergency team to be on standby

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 24, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Benue declares lassa fever outbreak as health workers test positive
    Benue confirms outbreak of lassa fever
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Borno Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, has stimulated a standing emergency response with a call on the health professionals to ensure the full containment of Lassa fever so it does not spread beyond one case so far established.

    Zulum also directed that special attention be accorded to government-controlled camps and host communities associated with forced migration of internally displaced persons.

    Special Adviser on Public Relations and Strategy, Malam Isa Gusau, said in a statement that the Governor had called for briefing by the state’s Commissioner of Health and Human Resources, Dr Salisu Kwayabura, who gave assurance that the standing emergency response team had already been activated and there was no cause for alarm.

    Governor Zulum was informed that the team comprises of the health commissioner as chairman with members that include the chief medical director of the hospital’s management board, an infection prevention group at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, officials of the world health organization, the UNICEF and Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).

    • Court remands 2 men for allegedly murdering Maersk MD’s wife

    Also in the response team are key officers in the state Ministry of Health, among them the Permanent Secretary, Executive Director of Primary Healthcare, the Incident Manager of a public health emergency operations centre, officers in charge of disease surveillance and notification and five directors in charge of public health, emergency response, medical services, nursing services as well as planning, research and statistics.

    Zulum assured the commissioner that he will make available whatever was required as part of measures to guarantee the safety of public health across Borno State.

    Gusau said in the statement that the Governor called on the team to work round the clock, taking all measures necessary to ensure maximum control of any disease in the state. Nigeria News

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    President Bola Tinubu and Rwandan President Paul Kagame during bilateral talks at the Africa CEO Forum in Kigali.

    Nigeria to adopt Rwanda-style 30-day visa-free policy for Africans

    EFCC declares Timipre Sylva wanted

    Timipre Sylva: Court orders takeover of ex-gov’s properties

    Atiku warns of protest, says Nigerians are hungry

    Atiku warns against suspending campaigns in north over insecurity

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    ADC criticizes Tinubu over Nigeria’s global terrorism index

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    Job scams, desperation push Nigerians into Russia–Ukraine war recruitment

    Job scams, desperation push Nigerians into Russia–Ukraine war recruitment

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    NDC shifts deadline for legislative, governorship forms to May 24

    May 19, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    May 19, 2026
    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan wins 2025 Sunhak Peace Prize

    PDP grants Jonathan waiver, clears him for presidential race

    May 19, 2026
    Sunday Igboho backs Kemi Badenoch, tells Shettima to focus on Nigeria’s 

    Igboho expresses readiness to combat terrorists in south-west

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.