Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    May 20, 2026
    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Cubana cries, says ‘Tinubu doesn’t really trust me as an Igbo man’

    May 20, 2026
    The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the winners of Plateau's Senate and House of Representatives primaries.

    APC announces Lalong, Gagdi, winners of Reps, senate primaries in Plateau

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers
    • Cubana cries, says ‘Tinubu doesn’t really trust me as an Igbo man’
    • APC announces Lalong, Gagdi, winners of Reps, senate primaries in Plateau
    • DHQ confirms 175 ISIS fighters killed in North-East Nigeria operations
    • NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries
    • Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election
    • Singer Niniola loses husband after 13 years of marriage
    • Oyo attack, abductions heighten security agitations in South-West
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    John Mikel Obi joins Trabzonspor

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 1, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    John Obi Mikel has signed a two-year deal with Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor
    John Obi Mikel has signed a two-year deal with Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    John Obi Mikel has signed a two-year deal with Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor
    John Obi Mikel has signed a two-year deal with Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor

    Turkish Super Lig club Trabzonspor have signed Nigeria captain John Mikel Obi on a two-year deal with the option of an additional 12 months.

    The 32-year-old, who won the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012, was a free agent after leaving Championship side Middlesbrough in May.

    Mikel, who has made two appearances for his country at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, has previously played in Norway and China, but achieved success in England with Chelsea.

    “A two-year and an additional year agreement was signed with the free captain of the Nigerian national team,” the Turkish club announced on their website.

    The midfielder made 249 Premier League appearances for Chelsea in an 11-year spell, which ended when he left Stamford Bridge two years ago.

    READ: Liverpool eye Coutinho return, Man Utd offer Rashford £300k-a-week

    He also won two league titles, three FA Cups and the Europa League in 2013.

    The Black Sea Storm already have compatriots Ogenyi Onazi and Anthony Nwakaeme in their squad and will compete in next season’s Europa League after finishing fourth in 2018-19 season.

    Mikel has won a total of 89 caps for Nigeria, playing for them in the past two World Cups and helping the Super Eagles win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

    He was also one of Nigeria’s three over-age players as the African side won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Cubana cries, says ‘Tinubu doesn’t really trust me as an Igbo man’

    The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the winners of Plateau's Senate and House of Representatives primaries.

    APC announces Lalong, Gagdi, winners of Reps, senate primaries in Plateau

    DHQ confirms 175 ISIS fighters killed in North-East Nigeria operations

    DHQ confirms 175 ISIS fighters killed in North-East Nigeria operations

    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Peter Obi unperturbed as PDP clears Jonathan for 2027 election

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    May 20, 2026
    Tinubu made Buhari, he can make an Igbo President too – Cubana Chief Priest

    Cubana cries, says ‘Tinubu doesn’t really trust me as an Igbo man’

    May 20, 2026
    The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the winners of Plateau's Senate and House of Representatives primaries.

    APC announces Lalong, Gagdi, winners of Reps, senate primaries in Plateau

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ confirms 175 ISIS fighters killed in North-East Nigeria operations

    DHQ confirms 175 ISIS fighters killed in North-East Nigeria operations

    May 20, 2026
    Benue and Niger tragedy: Obi slams Tinubu for failing to visit affected communities

    NDC screens Peter Obi for presidential primaries

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.