Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail
    • Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary
    • Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital
    • Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season
    • Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years
    • APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race
    • Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing
    • Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court orders Trump to pay $5M in sexual abuse, defamation case

    David GreatBy David GreatDecember 31, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Trump sentenced in hush money case before inauguration
    Donald Trump
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A US Federal Appeals Court on Monday mandated President-elect Donald Trump to pay $5 million for sexually abusing and defaming writer E. Jean Carroll.

    A New York jury discovered after a nine-day civil trial last year that Trump had sexually abused Carroll at a Manhattan department store in 1996.

    The court ordered Trump to pay $2 million for sexual abuse and another $3 million for defaming Carroll, a former advice columnist for Elle magazine.

    However, Trump denied the allegations, appealing the judgment because two other women who said he had sexually assaulted them too should not have been allowed to testify.

    The three-judge panel of the Second US Circuit Court of Appeals, however, disagreed with the appeal.

    • Donald Trump gets $15m in ABC News defamation case

    “We conclude that Mr. Trump has not demonstrated that the district court erred in any of the challenged rulings.

    “Further, he has not carried his burden to show that any claimed error or combination of claimed errors affected his substantial rights as required to warrant a new trial,” they said.

    Carroll was awarded $83 million by another jury in a separate case she brought against the business tycoon turned politician. He has also appealed that verdict.

    Two federal cases brought against Trump by special counsel Jack Smith have been dismissed since he won the November 5 presidential election.

    The US president-elect was accused of mishandling classified documents after leaving the White House and seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 election but Smith dropped the cases under a Justice Department policy of not prosecuting a sitting president.

    Trump was convicted in New York in May of 34 counts of falsifying business records to cover up a hush money payment to porn star Stormy Daniels.

    Judge Juan Merchan recently rejected a bid by the president-elect to have his conviction thrown out but has postponed sentencing indefinitely.

     

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who were not cleared to participate in its Senate primary elections ahead of the 2027 general elections.

    APC disqualifies Ben Bruce, 46 others from senatorial race

    Teachers carrying placards during a peaceful protest in Ogbomoso over the kidnapping of teachers and students in Oyo State.

    Oyo teachers protest colleagues’ abduction, killing

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    Nasir El-Rufai granted N100m bail

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Peter Obi has expressed condolences to former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai on the death of his mother, Hajiya Umma El-Rufai.

    El-Rufai: Family kicks as DSS picks ex-gov after court grants bail

    May 18, 2026
    Gunmen in military uniform attacked Yahaya Bello - Kogi Government

    Yahaya Bello wins APC Kogi central senate primary

    May 18, 2026
    Fire razes TASUED hostel

    Fire outbreak razes Abuja national hospital

    May 18, 2026
    Lewandowski shines as Barcelona crush Dortmund in UEFA Champions League showdown

    Robert Lewandowski to leave Barcelona at end of season

    May 18, 2026
    Dani Carvajal

    Dani Carvajal leaves Real Madrid after 23 years

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.