Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    February 17, 2026
    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    • Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok
    • ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering
    • NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach
    • Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student
    • UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians
    • Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest
    • Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Auto crash kills 15 in Canada

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJune 16, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Corinthians fans brazil bus crash
    More than 50 people were taken to hospital following the crash
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    At least 15 people were murdered on Thursday in the Canadian prairie province of Manitoba after a semi-trailer truck collided with a small bus carrying mostly elderly people, police said.

    The crash is one of the deadliest in modern Canadian history.

    The crash happened near the hamlet of Carberry in southwestern Manitoba, some 170 kilometers (105 miles) west of Winnipeg. According to CBC News, the bus passengers were on their way to a casino in Carberry, according to a casino representative.

    At the hospital, ten more victims were being treated. The drivers of both vehicles were alive, according to police, who declined to specify who was at fault for the incident.

    Media reports initially identified the vehicle as a van rather than a bus. They said it was operated by Handi-Transit, which transports the elderly and those with disabilities.

    The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation showed a still photo of a white minivan-sized vehicle that had been burned out. It also showed a picture of a blue truck with a smashed-in front.

    Wheelchairs and crumpled walkers remained near tarpaulins covering bodies at the site, the Winnipeg Free Press said.

    • Four children, mother found alive 40 days after Colombia plane crash

    In a tweet, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he sent his “deepest condolences to those who lost loved ones today, and I’m keeping the injured in my thoughts. I cannot imagine the pain those affected are feeling,” he said.

    “My heart broke hearing the news of the tragic accident near Carberry,” Manitoba Premier Heather Stefanson said on Twitter.

    In neighboring Saskatchewan, 16 people died in April 2018 after a truck hit a bus transporting a junior hockey team on a rural road. The truck driver was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2019.

    The worst traffic accident in Canadian history occurred in 1997, when a bus carrying seniors plunged into a ravine in the province of Quebec, killing 44 people.

    Reuters

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    February 17, 2026
    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    February 17, 2026
    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    February 17, 2026
    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.