Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    • Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Anthony Joshua set to fight Robert Helenius in heavyweight bout

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoAugust 8, 2023No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Anthony Joshua
    Anthony Joshua beat Joseph Parker to win the WBO title
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Anthony Joshua will face Robert Helenius in a heavyweight fight at the 02 Arena on Saturday night.

    The Finnish fighter, who had only fought three days ago, volunteered to step in at the last minute to replace Dillian Whyte, who had “adverse analytical findings” in a pre-fight drugs test.

    The Voluntary Anti-Doping Association announced that it had informed the Association of Boxing Commissions and the British Boxing Board of Control that Whyte’s “random anti-doping protocol” had produced the adverse findings.

    • Wilder wants to fight Anthony Joshua in Africa

    Helenius boxed last weekend, defeating Mika Mielonen by TKO on Saturday, and will face former unified champion Joshua in a fight on short notice.

    “This wasn’t in the script,” Joshua said. “I respect Helenius, and may I say, I respect any male or female who steps into the ring? I am laser-focused on winning. I can take steps forward to bigger and better things, but the road map has a checkpoint on Saturday night. May the best man win”.

    The 39-year-old Finn was knocked out in the first round by Wilder last year, although he had earned respectable back-to-back wins against Adam Kownacki. He has a 32-4 (21) record.

    “I am excited about fighting Anthony Joshua on August 12,” Helenius said. “I am a true Viking who is willing to face any challenge at a moment’s notice. This is not an opportunity I was going to let slip away. I plan to make the most of it.”

    Although Whyte will not be boxing, he is protesting his innocence. He wrote: “I am shocked and devastated to learn of a report by VADA of adverse findings relating to me.

    “The fight is being cancelled without having any chance to demonstrate my innocence before the decision was taken.

    “I can confirm without a shadow of doubt that I have not taken the reported substance in this camp or at any point in my life.

    “I am completely innocent and ask to be given the time to go through the process of proving this without anybody jumping to conclusions or a trial by the media.

    “I insisted on 24/7 VADA testing for this fight, as I have done voluntarily and at my own expense for all of my fights for many, many years.

    “This is not the first time that I have been reported as having an adverse finding for a substance that I have not taken, and as I did last time, I will again prove that I am completely innocent”.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.