Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    February 22, 2026
    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    • SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law
    • Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr
    • APC wins Kuje chairmanship election
    • Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    US officers charged with shooting 8-year old schoolgirl

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 19, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Fanta Bility, 8, was killed by officers
    Fanta Bility, 8, was killed by officers
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    US prosecutors have charged three policemen with an eight-year-old girl’s death, dropping a murder case against two teenagers who were initially held.

    The officers opened fire on a vehicle outside a high school football game near Philadelphia on 27 August 2021 after hearing gunshots a block away.

    The police thought armed suspects were in the car, but it was Fanta Bility.

    Prosecutors had argued the tragedy was caused by two teens who fired at each other nearby moments beforehand.

    The district attorney filed first-degree murder charges against the two young men in November.

    Prosecutors said the pair – aged 16 and 18 – had “initiated the deadly events” and therefore bore responsibility for Fanta’s death.

    Those charges have now been withdrawn.

    Instead, Sharon Hill police officers Devon Smith, Sean Patrick Dolan, and Brian James Devaney are facing charges of voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment.

    • Police officer fired for harassing black US soldier

    According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the officers had been monitoring the crowd when they heard the gunfire about 140ft (42m) away and turned to see a car heading towards them.

    The policemen fired 25 bullets, striking four people including Fanta and her 12-year old sister. The girl died in her mother’s arms.

    “We are now sure beyond a reasonable doubt that the officers not only shot but killed Fanta Bility, but they also wounded three other young people,” Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer told CBS News.

    “They returned fire at the wrong target, in the wrong direction, and into a group of people. That is what they are being held accountable for,” he continued.

    Mr Stollsteimer said his office had been aware since September that the fatal bullets were fired by officers.

    An attorney for the Bility family said that she “was a bright, bright, shining light, the kind of person that made people happy just by looking at her. And to have her gone is just a terrible, terrible tragedy”.

    Lawyers for all three officers released a joint statement maintaining their innocence and saying that they “remain heartbroken for all who have suffered because of this senseless violence”.

    “This is a terrible tragedy that was caused by armed and violent criminals who turned a high school football game into a crime scene in which an innocent child lost her life and others were seriously injured,” the statement added.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    February 22, 2026
    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    February 22, 2026
    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    February 22, 2026
    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.