Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Chike alleges $20,000 fraud by Chioma over fake business deal

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    May 23, 2026
    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant
    • Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho
    • Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role
    • Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction
    • Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries
    • Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’
    • ADC accuses ICPC of denying access to El-Rufai
    • Fayemi reveals how Obi agreed to greet Tinubu at Vatican event
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Structures demolished in Aboru belongs to land grabbers – Lawyer

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 19, 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Benue court remands ex-BSIEC boss over fraud
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A Nigeria lawyer, Mr. Yinka Campbell, has stated that the structures that were demolished in Aboru area of Lagos State, belong to alleged land grabbers, who forcefully entered his land.

    The lawyer made the above assertion while reacting to a national newspaper report, where he was alleged to have sponsored some Air force men and hoodlums to demolish some buildings in the community.

    Punch newspaper had on last Monday, May 12, 2020, reported in a story titled “Air Force Men Lead Hoodlums To Demolish Building’ mentioned the lawyer’s name, as the alleged sponsor of the Air Force men and the hoodlums, who allegedly demolished the some structures in the area.

    Punch also reported that the Airforce men led by Staff Sergeant T. A. Oyewo, and the hoodlums allegedly acted on the instructions of one Mr Yinka Campbell.

    The newspaper reporter also stated that two people, Adekunle Williams and Benjamin Akinsanya, that spoke to him on the demolition conspicuously mentioned Mr. Yinka Campbell, as the man behind the act.

    The newspaper however reported that Mr. Campbell denied responsibility for the demolition but said those who carried it out acted with his full backing, because his firm had been granted possession of the land.

    Barrister Yinka Campbell, in a rejoinder to Punch newspaper, which a copy was availed to this medium stated that the newspaper hurriedly concluded that he engaged hoodlums without enquiry the source of land in question and that the reporter failed to further demand his own side of the story with any documents of title in support before publication of the story.

    He also stated that those that called themselves the landlords that spoke to the reporter, Mr. Benjamin Adedimeji, a surveyor and Akinsanya and Adekunle, a lawyer, were the alleged land grabbers, sponsoring hoodlums, OPC, NSCDC, to demolish his client’s buildings on the land.

    The lawyer also stated that his chambers became entitled to about 17 acres of land in Aboru village, in lieu of cash payment, for the team of lawyers that handled a suit marked FHC/L/CS/629/98, that set-aside acquisition of the said land by the Federal government of Nigeria.

    • EFCC arraigns Oyo Permanent Secretary over alleged N4.4m scam

    Barrister Campbell, who equipped himself with several court judgments in favour of his clients, who were Chief Salawu Bamgbopa; Rasaki Akinde; Nojimu Alade Akinola; Akeem Akinola; Akanni Sanni and others, stated that the reporter ought to have visited the land and enquire from the Community Development Association (CDA) and other genuine landlords who are his client’s vendees (buyers) before publication as its expected of every journalist in balancing their story.

    Some of the court judgments include suit number: FHC/L/CS/629/98; FHC/L/CS/261/2010; ID/1304/LMW/17.

    Barrister Campbell stated that the only court document that one of the alleged land grabbers, Akinsanya relied on the land, was a High Court’s interlocutory ruling, which he had appealed.

    He added that the documents, which is an agreement between the alleged land grabber, Mr Akinsanya and the family he claimed to have allegedly gave him 124 acres of the Aboru land in question in 2002, did not cover any land in Aboru, rather, the said family described themselves to be of Igoke Township, Oke-Odo, Lagos State, not Aboru.

    The lawyer therefore called on Punch newspaper, to report his own side of story divide, with particular consideration of the consequential remedial right, granted to  persons, like his clients, in peaceful possession of land.

    He also advised member of the public, to call his Chambers on 08023173676 and 08091615800, before transact any deal with anyone on the said land, so as to avoid being duped.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    Chike alleges $20,000 fraud by Chioma over fake business deal

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde govt over Oyo school abduction

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction

    Donald Trump announces new US green card application policy affecting Nigerians and other foreign nationals.

    Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries

    US President Donald Trump confirmed on Thursday that US forces conducted deadly strikes against Islamic State terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria and vowed more attacks if the militants keep killing Christians.

    Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Chike alleges $20,000 fraud by Chioma over fake business deal

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    May 23, 2026
    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    May 23, 2026
    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde govt over Oyo school abduction

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction

    May 23, 2026
    Donald Trump announces new US green card application policy affecting Nigerians and other foreign nationals.

    Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.