Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FG to establish People Money, Entrepreneurship banks

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 15, 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the Federal Government will establish Peoples Money Bank and Entrepreneurship Bank
    Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the Federal Government will establish Peoples Money Bank and Entrepreneurship Bank
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the Federal Government will establish Peoples Money Bank and Entrepreneurship Bank
    Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that the Federal Government will establish Peoples Money Bank and Entrepreneurship Bank

    To boost Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs), Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says the Federal Government will soon establish People Money and Entrepreneurship Banks.

    Osinbajo disclosed this while speaking with newsmen during a visit to Bodija and Oje markets in Ibadan on Thursday to monitor the TraderMoni initiative.

    NAN reports that the initiative is a Federal Government intervention programme for petty traders under the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).

    “As part of efforts to institutionalise the social investment scheme process, this administration will soon establish the People Money Bank and along the line Entrepreneurship Bank,” he said.

    The vice president said the initiative was part of the APC agenda, adding that the People Money Bank would be devoted to giving credit to ordinary people.

    Osinbajo said the Federal Government was committed to empowering traders toward improving the prospects of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs).

    He said that no fewer than one million traders had already benefitted from the ‘TraderMoni.’

    “The first phase of the Trader Moni was targeted at two million petty traders across the country but over a million have today benefitted from the scheme.

    “We have observed that nobody wants to give these traders credit because lenders believe they won’t pay back.

    Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has taken TraderMoni to Bodija and Oje market in Ibadan, Oyo state
    Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has taken TraderMoni to Bodija and Oje market in Ibadan, Oyo state

    “The market traders represented the most significant percentage of those who engage in commercial activities.

    “Both the TraderMoni and Market Moni scheme seeks to address that large population or persons involved in commercial activities who usually don’t have access to credit,” he said.

    GRAPHIC WARNING: EFCC arrests 24 undergraduates, 12 others for cyber crime

    Some of the traders, who spoke to NAN at the markets, lauded the initiative of the Federal Government.

    Mr Saliu Delesolu, the Babaloja of Oje market, lauded the Federal Government for initiating the programme, saying it would enhance petty trading.

    “This is the first time a government in this country will be extending credit facility to petty traders. We appreciate this and thank President Muhammadu Buhari for this.

    “We assure our members that the money would go round. Not everybody could benefit from it at once but we have been assured that the programme will be institutionalised,” he said.

    Mrs Olajumoke Ajao, a petty trader, also corroborated Delesolu’s claim, saying the government must be commended for the gesture.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.