Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark
    • 2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket
    • Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven
    • Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction
    • Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup
    • Barcelona thrash Lyon to win fourth Champions League title
    • EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles
    • Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NLC, TUC call off nationwide strike

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 30, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) President, Ayuba Wabba
    Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) President, Ayuba Wabba
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) President, Ayuba Wabba
    Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) President, Ayuba Wabba

    The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC), have suspended their warning strike for a new minimum wage.

    The strike was embarked upon on September 26.

    NAN reports that the organised labour had embarked on the strike after a 14-day ultimatum to the Federal Government for failing to come out with its own figure on the new minimum wage.

    The three labour unions had demanded N65,500 as new minimum wage for workers, while the private employers and some state governors were proposing N25,000.

    President of the NLC Ayuba Wabba said at a world news conference in Abuja on Sunday that the strike was suspended after government agreed to reconvene the tripartite committee’s meeting on the new minimum wage.

    Wabba said the meeting, scheduled to reconvene on October 4, would enable the committee to conclude work on the minimum wage after the Federal Government must have given a figure on what it could afford for workers.

    READ: Tinubu reacts to Ambode’s outburst, picks Sanwo-Olu

    “Indeed on Thursday morning, the strike action commenced and was observed across the country.

    “We similarly commend the members of the press for their vigorous and comprehensive reportage of the strike; we thank all Nigerians for their support.

    “We have received a firm and formal invitation to a reconvened meeting of the tripartite committee scheduled for October 4 and October 5, 2018.

    “We demand that this shall be the final session of the committee and that a final report will be submitted to Mr President immediately.

    “In order to avail the committee the necessary conducive environment to hold this crucial meeting and conclude its work, organised labour has after obtaining the mandate of their necessary organs, decided to suspend the strike with effect from today, Sunday September 30, 2018,” Wabba said.

    He urged all unions and state councils to maintain a high level of mobilisation and readiness until the struggle for a reasonable minimum wage was achieved.

    Labour had earlier said that 21 states so far resolved to abide by whatever the tripartite committee agreed as the new minimum wage for Nigerian workers.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    EFCC anti-corruption infographic condemning leaders who loot public funds to buy private jets.

    EFCC warns leaders against looting public funds for luxury lifestyles

    Tinubu vows end to Plateau killings, orders 5,000-camera surveillance in Jos

    Tinubu to receive APC presidential ticket, flag on Sunday

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO raises DR Congo Ebola risk ‘very high’ as Uganda records three more cases

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    El-Rufai court bail hearing in Abuja with strict DSS reporting and surety conditions outlined by the Federal High Court.

    Aichatou El-Rufai demands N2bn from ICPC over ‘wife of a defendant’ remark

    May 24, 2026
    Ireti Kingibe slams Wike, says ‘he’s out of touch, fuelling resentment in Abuja’

    2027: Ireti Kingibe wins ADC FCT Senate ticket

    May 24, 2026
    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    Usyk retains titles with controversial win against Verhoeven

    May 24, 2026
    A sacrificial albino buffalo named after US President Donald Trump which recently went viral, is pictured at an agro farm ahead of Eid-al-Adha, in Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

    Bangladesh’s ‘Donald Trump’ buffalo becomes Eid al-Adha attraction

    May 24, 2026
    Bayern Munich's Harry Kane is the top scorer in the Bundesliga

    Kane scores hat-trick as Bayern win German Cup

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.