Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Lakurawa terrorists Kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    February 20, 2026
    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has expressed great grief over the cruel attack by suspected terrorists on a mining site in Kuru District, Jos South Local Government Area, which cost the lives of several innocents.

    Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct

    February 20, 2026
    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    • NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara
    • Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City
    • DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25
    • 100-level UniAbuja student goes missing
    • El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Four killed in Boko Haram attack on Molai

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 26, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Nigerian Army has killed 23 Boko Haram fighters in villages near the Lake Chad Damasak
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Four persons are believed to be dead following a Boko Haram raid Molai

    Four civilians were killed in an attack by suspected Boko Haram militants on Monday in the Nigerian city at the centre of a conflict with the Islamists, a resident and two officials told Reuters.

    Nigeria’s army said on Monday evening it had repelled the assault on the outskirts of Maiduguri, the spiritual birthplace of Boko Haram.

    It was the first major attack on the northeast city since June.

    The army statement made no mention of casualties but Musa Alkali, a resident of the attacked area, Molai, told Reuters on Tuesday he saw four corpses.

    “Boko Haram fought their way into Molai and burnt three houses before the military fighter jet arrived,” he said.

    “Three people were burnt in their houses, (then) I saw four dead bodies taken out of the area,” said Alkali. He said the fourth person had been shot.

    Two other people, a local vigilante group commander and a military officer, also told Reuters on Tuesday that four civilians had died.

    They spoke on condition of anonymity because they had been told not to speak to media and feared reprisal.

    READ: NNPC cause of fuel scarcity, fuel queues – Emmanuel Iheanacho

    The military said that none of its troops had lost their lives.

    It said the attackers had come with trucks mounted with guns and suicide bombers, and when retreating had set fire to houses and vehicles.

    Three Nigerian military spokesmen did not immediately respond to calls, texts and WhatsApp messages seeking comment.

    Fourteen people were killed in an attack on Maiduguri in June when the group struck on the eve of a visit by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

    The government often says it is on alert for Boko Haram attacks during the Christmas period and other festivals for Christians and Muslims.

    The insurgency has in the past targeted places of worship such as churches and mosques during those times. Embassies regularly warn their nationals to be cautious and avoid public spaces at those times.

    President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has been saying Boko Haram are almost defeated but the latest attack shows the group’s continued ability to stage hit-and-run raids, prompting a renewed government push against the militants.

    The Nigerian government approved the release of $1 billion last week from a state oil fund to help with the fight.

    Nigeria’s long-term plan is to corral civilians inside fortified garrison towns, a move that effectively cedes the rural areas to Boko Haram.

    Nigeria replaced its previous military commander of the fight against Boko Haram after half a year in the post. Military sources told Reuters this followed a series of “embarrassing” attacks by the militants.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Lakurawa terrorists Kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has expressed great grief over the cruel attack by suspected terrorists on a mining site in Kuru District, Jos South Local Government Area, which cost the lives of several innocents.

    Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct

    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Lakurawa terrorists Kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack

    February 20, 2026
    Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has expressed great grief over the cruel attack by suspected terrorists on a mining site in Kuru District, Jos South Local Government Area, which cost the lives of several innocents.

    Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct

    February 20, 2026
    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    February 20, 2026
    Rooney leaves Plymouth Argyle after dismal run

    Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City

    February 20, 2026
    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.