Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Super Eagles bonuses approved, payments underway – Dikko

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJanuary 8, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Tinubu hails Super Eagles bronze win at AFCON 2025
    Former African Footballer of the Year Victor Osimhen (right) helped Nigeria into a 3-0 lead, but the Super Eagles were forced to hold on for victory late on
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Shehu Dikko, the Chairman of the National Sports Commission, NSC, has said that all financial entitlements of Super Eagles players and officials have been resolved.

    Dikko’s remarks followed reports of players threatening to boycott training and travel to Marrakech for Saturday’s match against Algeria.

    Dikko told the press that President Bola Tinubu approved the Super Eagles’ AFCON 2025 budget in November 2025, bringing alignment among the NSC, the Nigeria Football Federation and the players.

    “The president approved the entire AFCON budget on November 14, 2025. From our end, the funding has been fully cleared,” Dikko said.

    He, however, explained that approval and processing were two different stages, but assured Super Eagles players that the funds had been approved and were being released.

    “Approving the money is one thing, processing it is another, but the players know the funds have been approved,” he added.

    The NSC Director-General stated that meetings were held with the NFF, the team captain, co-captain and senior players to agree on tournament bonuses.

    “We sat down, negotiated and agreed on what the players are entitled to up to the final. Everybody is clear,” he said.

    Dikko mentioned that the players understood their incentives and accepted the terms before the tournament began.

    “The players know exactly what they are playing for and what their bonuses are at every stage,” Dikko stated.

    According to the NSC boss, only daily allowances were requested in cash, and those had already been settled.

    “The only cash request was daily allowances, and that has been sorted and made available,” he said.

    He further disclosed that match bonuses had been approved and were currently being processed for payment.

    “The bonuses have been approved. The process is ongoing, and the money will come,” he said.

    He noted that the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Nigeria were working to ensure timely disbursement.

    “The Ministry of Finance and CBN are on this, so everything will come on time,” Dikko said.

    The Super Eagles have won all their matches so far, scoring 12 goals en route to the quarter-finals.

    Nigeria will face Algeria’s Desert Foxes for a semi-final spot and are expected to depart Fès for Marrakech on Thursday, ahead of the encounter at the Stade de Marrakech on Saturday by 5 p.m.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    Kayode Fayemi has cautioned that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has strayed from its basic mission, citing a significant lack of intellectualism and internal debate inside the ruling party.

    APC has lost its bearing, vision – Fayemi

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.