Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    • Two-storey building collapses in Anambra
    • AEDC says prepaid meter bonus units are not free
    • Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Jake Paul hospitalized with broken jaw after Joshua fight

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoDecember 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Joshua knocks out Jake Paul in fierce boxing match
    Anthony Joshua delivers a jaw-breaking punch to Jake Paul
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Jake Paul went to the hospital with a possible broken jaw after being stopped by Anthony Joshua in their heavyweight fight in Miami.

    The American fought the two-time heavyweight world champion for six rounds but was unable to beat the count after multiple knockdowns.

    The YouTuber-turned-boxer was knocked down twice in the fifth and sixth rounds, and in his post-fight statements, he stated that he believed his jaw was “definitely” fractured.

    The 28-year-old was unable to attend the post-fight news conference, and Most Valuable Promotions chief Nakisa Bidarian said Paul had been hospitalized.

    “We think he broke his jaw. But he’s fine,” Bidarian said.

    “He took a shower, and he drove himself to the hospital. A broken jaw is very common in sports, particularly in boxing or MMA. The recovery time is four to six weeks.”

    Paul was a huge underdog, and his strategy against Joshua appeared to be to use his speed and feet to avoid the Briton’s powerful punches.

    The battle drew criticism because of the weight difference and experience gap between the fighters.

    Paul has fought most of his career at cruiserweight and plans to take “some time off” from boxing.

    “We will heal the broken jaw and come back and fight people my weight. I’m going for the cruiserweight world title,” he said.

    “I’m going to take a little break. I’ve been going hard for six years.”

    Paul has created a career out of being unpredictable, with the only constant being his desire to upset the sport.

    Only a few months ago, the possibility of Paul facing Joshua seemed improbable, but he has now crossed that off his wishlist.

    Prior to meeting Joshua, Paul competed at cruiserweight, and the WBA stated that he will enter their rankings at number 14 in July.

    He has now dropped one spot, so a return to that division is most likely if he is to realize his aim of contending for a world title.

    Bidarian, CEO of Most Valuable Promotions, stated that Paul “drove himself to the hospital” after losing to Joshua to be tested for a probable broken jaw and that he may require “four to six weeks” to recuperate.

    Once Paul is cleared to compete in 2026, he may begin to look up to those ahead of him in the WBA cruiserweight rankings, with Manchester’s Pat Brown standing out.

    Brown is undefeated in five professional fights and could use the opportunity to fight on a major stage and improve his reputation.

    Alternatively, Paul has expressed a desire to challenge four-weight world champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and will undoubtedly pursue one of the greatest names still active in the sport.

    A rematch with Tommy Fury, Paul’s only other defeat, is still a possibility.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    Super Eagles of Nigeria players pose for photo before a match.

    Nigeria to face Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in AFCON 2027 qualifiers

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Arsenal players celebrate winning the Premier League title after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth.

    Arsenal win first EPL title in 22 years after Man City slip at Bournemouth

    lMaresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Maresca to replace Guardiola as Man City manager

    Arsenal close in on Premier League title after Havertz sinks Burnley

    Arsenal three points from Premier League title after Burnley win

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has instructed banks to complete a mandatory cybersecurity self-assessment within three weeks

    CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate

    May 20, 2026
    FG ASUU agreement: 10 key things you need to know

    ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach

    May 20, 2026
    Dowman

    Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.