Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    • Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
    • Customs seize N1bn worth of cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Israel receives $8.7bn US military aid

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 26, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Israeli tank shelling kills 59 Gazans queuing for aid, dozens wounded
    Israeli tanks
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Israel’s defence ministry said on Thursday it had secured an $8.7 billion aid package from the United States to support the country’s ongoing military efforts, including upgrading air defence systems.

    The announcement came as Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas hit out at Washington in his address to the UN General Assembly in New York, accusing it of providing Israel with the “deadly weapons that it used to kill thousands of innocent civilians, children and women”.

    The aid package comes at a time when Israel is fighting on two fronts, with Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip and Hezbollah fighters over the border in Lebanon.

    “The package includes $3.5 billion for essential wartime procurement … and $5.2 billion designated for air defence systems, including the Iron Dome, David’s Sling and an advanced laser system,” the ministry said in a statement.

    The deal was concluded after a series of high-level meetings between Israeli and US officials in Washington, the ministry said.

    • Israel urges civilians in Lebanon to evacuate ahead of strikes on Hezbollah

    Some $3.5 billion had already been received “for critical acquisitions”, it said.

    The additional $5.2 billion is intended to upgrade Israel’s air defence systems, it said.

    “This substantial investment will significantly strengthen critical systems such as Iron Dome and David’s Sling while supporting the continued development of an advanced high-powered laser defence system currently in its later stages of development,” the ministry added.

    Israel has carried out hundreds of air strikes against Hezbollah targets in Lebanon this week, which Lebanese authorities say have killed hundreds of people and displaced thousands.

    Israeli forces have also been battling Hamas militants in Gaza since the Palestinian group attacked Israel on October 7.

    That attack resulted in the deaths of 1,205 people on the Israeli side, most of them civilians, according to an AFP tally based on Israeli official figures, which include hostages killed in captivity.

    Militants also seized 251 hostages, 97 of whom are still held in Gaza, including 33 the Israeli military says are dead.

    Israel’s retaliatory military campaign has killed at least 41,534 people in Gaza, the majority of them women and children, according to figures provided by the health ministry in the Hamas-run territory.

    The United Nations acknowledges the figures as reliable.

    AFP

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday

    Customs to review agents’ licence renewal fees January 2026

    Customs seize N1bn worth of cocaine at Badagry–Seme border

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    February 15, 2026
    Arsenal beat Brighton to reach Carabao Cup quarter-finals

    Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.