Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 
    • EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin
    • Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia
    • SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit
    • NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike
    • ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    • When African fans started reading the game like experts
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Lagos taskforce clears shanties in Agungi, Lekki

    David GreatBy David GreatSeptember 6, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Lagos Taskforce Clears Shanties in Agungi, Lekki
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Lagos State Taskforce has demolished all shanties, makeshift structures, and illegal buildings along Agungi Ajiran Road, Lekki. 

    In a statement by Gbadeyan Abdulraheem the taskforce’s spokesman, the operation is part of the Lagos State Government’s THEMES PLUS Agenda, was carried out today, targeting areas that have long been subject to complaints from local residents.

    Chairman of the Lagos State Taskforce, CSP Adetayo Akerele, who was present at the scene, disclosed that prior warnings and eviction notices had been served to the occupants of the illegal structures, yet they remained defiant.

    “Despite several notices served to the occupants, they refused to vacate the area. The increasing activities within these shanties have contributed to environmental degradation, posed a security risk, and disrupted the neighbourhood’s decorum,” Akerele said.

    The chairman emphasized that the illegal structures not only undermined the aesthetics of the planned residential area but also violated the state’s physical planning regulations for the Lekki-Epe corridor.

    • Lagos taskforce arrests six for illegal sale of petrol amidst fuel scarcity

    “Their continued presence here has become a serious cause for concern. This operation underscores the State Government’s commitment to ensuring residential areas remain safe and habitable,” he added.

    Akerele further assured Lagosians that the exercise would continue, with additional shanties across the Lekki axis already served with removal notices. He urged the occupants to voluntarily vacate and dismantle any illegal structures to avoid forceful demolition.

    “I appeal to all residents to report suspicious activities through our feedback channels to enable us to address such irregularities promptly. If you see something, say something,” Akerele concluded.

    The Lagos State Taskforce has promised that the clearing of illegal structures will be sustained to maintain security and environmental safety across the metropolis.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    ICPC raids El-Rufai’s residence amid probe

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shehu Sani: E-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    Shehu Sani says e-transmission not enough for credible elections 

    February 20, 2026
    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    EFCC docks two over alleged N143m fraud in Benin

    February 20, 2026
    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    Osinbajo hails Otti’s reforms in Abia

    February 20, 2026
    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    SERAP asks court to strike out DSS N5.5bn suit

    February 20, 2026
    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    NOA slams traders over Ramadan, Lent food price spike

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.