Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    February 22, 2026
    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    February 22, 2026
    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    • SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law
    • Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr
    • APC wins Kuje chairmanship election
    • Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections
    • Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings
    • BREAKING: PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court sentences man to death over killing of twins for ritual

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJuly 16, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court denies Al-Shabab terrorists bail over Owo church attack
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A High Court in Asaba, Delta State’s capital, has sentenced Onuwa Ijie to death and Nwanozie Uzor to 14 years in prison for murder and conspiracy to commit murder of twin boys Chidalu and Chigozie Agwunobi for ritual purposes.

    Justice Onome Marshal-Umukoro presided over the sentencing of two murderers of seven-year-old boys.

    Mrs. Paula Akpoguma, a Deputy Director in the Ministry of Justice, led the prosecution, which called five witnesses as evidence in the case.

    The court determined that the testimony of the five witnesses established the case against the two defendants beyond reasonable doubt.

    The prosecution claimed that tragedy struck the family of Olise Agwunobi of Oko-Ogbele Community on March 5, 2020, when the defendants lured their seven-year-old twin boys to a bush and cut off their penis, eyes, tongues, and hands, which they rushed to a native doctor in Aguleri, Anambra State.

    “One of the defendants had earlier gone to the school of the twin children to take them but was turned down by the school teacher, one Mrs. Emelda Ezekwude,” she said.

    Justice Marshal-Umukoro stated in his verdict that after carefully evaluating the evidence presented before him, the prosecution had discharged the burden of proof because the first defendant, according to his confessional statement, was the one who planted the seed of committing human rituals in the mind of the second defendant by providing the phone number of one Chukwudi Edemuzor, who was alleged to be looking for twins to kill for money.

    The court maintained that the testimony of an investigating police officer is not hearsay evidence and can be relied on.

    Speaking with journalists after the ruling on Tuesday, the prosecuting counsel, Akpoguma, thanked the court for upholding the cause of justice, “reaffirming that the judicial system works.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    Tinubu says electoral results are finalised by humans not computers

    Tinubu congratulates winners of FCT, Kano, Rivers elections

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Lagos: Nigerians reject 5% withholding tax on bet winnings

    PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC

    BREAKING: PDP wins Gwagwalada chairmanship in FCT polls as APC secures AMAC

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 

    February 22, 2026
    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    February 22, 2026
    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    February 22, 2026
    Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to earn about $275 million following his contract extension with Al Nassr

    Ronaldo pledges loyalty to Al-Nassr

    February 22, 2026
    APC sweeps Ahoada East bye-election as INEC returns Ukalikpe elected

    APC wins Kuje chairmanship election

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.