Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    • Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools
    • CBN retains 26.5% monetary policy rate
    • ASUU begins indefinite strike over welfare, agreement breach
    • Dowman makes history as youngest Premier League winner
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Anthony Joshua beats Otto Wallin in Saudi heavyweight showdown

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedDecember 24, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Anthony Joshua has three wins in three fights since April
    L/R: Anthony Joshua, Otto Wallin in Saudi Arabia heavyweight showdown 
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Anthony Joshua put in a terrific performance to beat Otto Wallin inside the distance, but Deontay Wilder’s shock points loss to Joseph Parker on the same bill scuppered plans for the long-awaited heavyweight showdown.

    Briton Joshua boxed magnificently in Saudi Arabia, dominating Wallin before the Swede’s corner pulled him out of the fight at the end of the fifth.

    Earlier in the night, American Wilder appeared as a shadow of himself in Riyadh and was hurt badly in the eighth as New Zealander Parker was awarded a unanimous decision.

    “I heard that Deontay lost. So what? He’ll be back. Deontay, everything that he said about me, I could rip him apart right now, but I’m going to take the higher ground,” Anthony said.

    “You can come back. If he wanted to, he could come back. I’m sure everyone still wants to see that fight.”

    • Joshua knocks out Helenius in seventh round

    Parker, also a former world champion, was awarded a unanimous decision, with the judges’ scores being 118-111, 118-110, and 120-108.

    Saudi organisers had already pencilled in the Joshua-Wilder bout for next year. While no contract had been signed, the pair were expected to enter the ring post-fight and announce a deal to fight at some point in early 2024.

    Wilder admitted all the talk of a fight at least five years in the making had been “a distraction,” although Joshua did more than his part.

    After the fight, promoter Eddie Hearn said Joshua is most likely going to face Croatia’s Filip Hrgovic for a vacant IBF world title, bidding to become a three-time world champion.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Cristiano Ronaldo topped Ali Daei to be the highest goal scorer in men's football

    Ronaldo leads Portugal’s 2026 World Cup squad

    Carter Efe beats Portable in celebrity boxing match

    Portable should go for brain scan after Carter Efe fight – Doctor

    Portable vows return to school to manage music career better

    Portable may never recover from Efe’s punches – Doctor

    Carter Efe beats Portable in celebrity boxing match

    Portable cries out after losing to Carter Efe, says ‘I was robbed’

    Carter Efe beats Portable in celebrity boxing match

    Boxing: E-Money gifts Carter Efe N50m for beating Portable

    Carter Efe beats Portable in celebrity boxing match

    Carter Efe beats Portable in celebrity boxing match

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    May 20, 2026
    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours

    May 20, 2026
    Daniel Bwala said that Peter Obi's success in the 2023 election, where he got over 6.1m votes, was largely due to religious discourse.

    Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists

    May 20, 2026
    Kano gov Yusuf suspends loan vendors after N1.8bn Illegal salary deductions

    Kano govt announces Sallah break for primary, secondary schools

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.