Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    February 17, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    February 17, 2026
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest
    • Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Wike defends N61bn FCTA supplementary budget

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoNovember 30, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Tinubu urges Wike to dump PDP, join APC
    FCT minister Nyesom Wike
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barr. Nyesom Wike, explained his decision on Wednesday to engage Senior Advocates of Nigeria to handle 800 litigation cases involving the administration, lamenting that lack of diligent prosecution of cases in the past by FCT officials led to the loss of numerous cases.

    Wike said that there were instances of FCTA officials colluding with plaintiffs to obtain verdicts against the FCT Administration.

    This was said by the minister while defending the FCT’s N61 billion supplementary budget before the National Assembly Committees on the FCT.

    Wike said, “I have never seen a territory with over 800 litigation pieces. Some of these court cases were in connivance with staff of the FCT.

    “So, I said I will engage SANs because I don’t want a situation whereby someone will go to court and then agree with the plaintiffs and judgment is entered against the FCT.”

    The minister, who stated that the budget components were project-specific, added that President Bola Tinubu will launch the majority of them, including the Abuja Metro Line, by May as part of the President’s one-year anniversary celebrations.

    Concerning security, the minister stated that the administration will resurrect the city’s mass transportation system in order to minimize incidents of “one chance,” adding that private operators would be subjected to security screening before being allowed to operate in the system.

    • I have saved N110bn as FCT minister – Wike

    He stated that he was collaborating with the National Security Adviser’s Office and the State Security Services SSS to install closed-circuit television CCTV cameras in crucial areas of the city.

    In response to a question on the destiny of victims of the administration’s demolition activities, Wike stated that Nigerians could not want a world-class federal capital territory while making excuses for unplanned and illegal developments.

    He said, “We can’t stop demolition. You cannot go and build in a green area, and then when we demolish, you want us to compensate you. Illegality is illegality. But if we want to acquire your property for development, we will pay you.”

    Wike also promised to terminate some public-private partnership agreements inked into by the FCT Administration with private developers, claiming that those agreements had previously been used to defraud the administration of billions of dollars.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    February 17, 2026
    Canada flags Nigeria, 16 African countries as high-risk in new travel advisory

    Canada visa processing slows ahead 2026 FIFA World Cup

    February 17, 2026
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.