Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan
    • Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash
    • Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill
    • 100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support
    • Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue
    • House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill
    • Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    2023: Tinubu urges Nigerians to ‘choose right’ at the polls

    Michael RightBy Michael RightSeptember 29, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Tinubu not forcing govs decamp to APC - Morka
    President Bola Tinubu of Nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The APC presidential candidate for the 2023 elections, Ahmed Bola Tinubu, has urged Nigerians to make the best choice among the parties’ flag bearers as they head to the poll in less than five months.

    Tinubu said the nation should learn from its mistakes by voting wisely and be ready to make difficult decisions with their ballot.

    In a message he sent on Wednesday September 28 from Europe where he has reportedly travelled to with his running mate, Kashim Shettima, Tinubu called on the nation “to favour reason over sentiment” when electing their next president.

    He said the nation could not afford to make a wrong choice in the next year’s presidential election.

    “Today marks the official commencement of 2023 presidential election campaign activities across the country. I invite all Nigerians to join me and His Excellency Senator Kashim Shettima on this exciting and important journey as we set out a shared vision of renewed hope for the people of our dear country, Nigeria.

    • APC denies Adamu’s leaked letter to Tinubu

    “We will, in the weeks and months ahead, be taking our dream of a functional, safe, secure and prosperous Nigeria to every part of Nigeria, and we will continue to put forward our plan to lead this country towards its best future.”

    Tinubu's message to Nigerian from Europe
    Tinubu’s message to Nigerian from Europe

    The former Lagos State governor noted that the nation stood at a threshold of history, and like almost every other nation in the world, faced significant challenges.

    According to him, citizens had been responsible for some of the challenges, while others were consequences of factors beyond their control.

    “We must be wise, we must be discerning, and we must choose progress. We must favour reason over sentiment.

    “I am prepared and ready, with my running mate, to provide the leadership that will inspire our country to greater glory with new thinking, innovative ideas and vision,” he stated.

    Tinubu made his first official campaign with the statement as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) allowed political parties to kick-start their campaigns for the next election on Wednesday.

    The APC had postponed the inauguration of its presidential campaign council after announcing a 422-member team on Saturday. Many party leaders, however, kicked against the list over allegation of marginalisation. The party also postponed its campaign kick-off.

    But the two other leading presidential candidates, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) engaged in campaigns at programmes in which they featured on Wednesday.

    While Atiku attended and spoke about his plans at his book launch in Abuja, Obi was in Jos, Plateau State for a rally in his honour. He reeled out his plans for the country at the event.

    The PDP also inaugurated its presidential campaign council in Abuja to climax its preparedness for a full campaign.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    House of Reps row over electoral act amendment bill

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    Yusuf rejoins APC with lawmakers, LGA chairmen in Kano

    Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Sultan of Sokoto

    Sultan confirms moon sighting, declares Wednesday beginning of Ramadan

    February 17, 2026
    Galatasaray will head to Turin with a three-goal advantage after recovering from a deficit to defeat Juventus in an intense first leg of their Champions League knockout phase playoff tie.

    Galatasaray thrash Juventus 5-2 in thrilling UCL clash

    February 17, 2026
    Senate approves electronic transmission of results, permits manual upload as backup

    Senate passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

    February 17, 2026
    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    February 17, 2026
    Kwara: No fewer than nine worshipers were abducted on Sunday by Terrorists during a vigil at St. John’s Catholic Church in Ojije, Utonkon District of Ado Local Government Area, Benue State.

    Terrorists abduct six travelers in Benue

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.